Ebay vintage engine sales

MtB

Featured Posts

Hmmmm interesting.... I'll have a google.

It's not mentioned in Mike Clark's diesel engine database http://users.skynet.be/sky34301/engdata.html

There used to be an even more comprehensive list like this but I've lost the link. Does anybody have it?

MtB

Is it this one?

http://realdiesels.co.uk/info.html

Great!

Looks like another CE2 to me...

MtB

The CE was a twin by definition but with shared components - see below. The CD was its single cylinder version.

lister_CE2_gen_set.gif

The Lister database referred to has been moved within the realdiesels site but is here

The CS on eBay may only be a 12/2 given its 1956 build date since the 800 rpm 16/2 wasn't introduced until 1962.

Edited by by'eck

Thats weird, it still shows when I access the realdiesel site.

All I remember is a few months back my bookmarked link not working or linking to elsewhere within the site. Had to search for it again but thankfully still there. Has to be the most comprehensive Lister data listing.

The Gardner listing here doesn't seem so complete. Is there one for Gardner I wonder listing all models - 4VT for example?

Had a quick search, but can't find anything - although how many of them are left running? Is it similar to the Kromhaut in Firefly at WFB?

eta - nice youtube showing 'Swan' starting

Edited by Mike Tee

Had a quick search, but can't find anything - although how many of them are left running? Is it similar to the Kromhaut in Firefly at WFB?

eta - nice youtube showing 'Swan' starting

Yes Swan and Skylark seem to have 4VT singles both shown starting on YouTube as well as a twin. Rumour has it one may be imported into the UK from South America if the price can be agreed.

• 3 weeks later...

A - er - Lister two cylinder, water cooled diesel: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lister-Diesel-Engine-For-Restoration-/300953085404

$(KGrHqF,!okFI!pSUmURBSFwIcl9E!~~60_12.J

Richard

Great!

Looks like another CE2 to me...

MtB

No, it's a CS.

Missed this first time around......

Isn't it a CS model that Tony Redshaw is now supplying based on new, but reconstructed Indian engines?

Or is this a totally different type of beast?

Nothing that couldn't be sorted with a few gears, or pulleys and belts

Richard

Yes the imagination could run wild biggrin.png

Missed this first time around......

Isn't it a CS model that Tony Redshaw is now supplying based on new, but reconstructed Indian engines?

Or is this a totally different type of beast?

That's right he imports CS clone's (Listeroids) from India, empties all the sand out of the crankcase and rebuilds them with a few mods that allow them to be a useable product rolleyes.gif

He sold one in nb Percy, another at Braunston, and saw yet another being worked on at his new base in Daventry. The crankcase inner had just been sealed with a lurid pink paint.

Yes the imagination could run wild biggrin.png

That's right he imports CS clone's (Listeroids) from India, empties all the sand out of the crankcase and rebuilds them with a few mods that allow them to be a useable product rolleyes.gif

He sold one in nb Percy, another at Braunston, and saw yet another being worked on at his new base in Daventry. The crankcase inner had just been sealed with a lurid pink paint.

DON'T tell Coasty!!!!!!!!

MtB