Ebay vintage engine sales

MtB

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...

MtB

P.S. Interesting engine reading the listing. Seems to run on oil but uses spark ignition. I didn't know that was possible.

P.P.S. I see it is rated at 3hp, so a bit over-powered for most narrowboats...

Petrol-Paraffin.

Tim

I've got one in my boat that I reckon would go like stink. Unfortunately I can't find any deep enough water I find out.

I don't know about "go like stink", but I had a PH2W in a 50'er and that pushed it along really well.

Spent a lot of it's life on the Thames and could cope with fast flowing flood water too.

They like being worked hard (as do most diesels)

PH's out of dumpers are virtually scrap value, unless it's a marine version. only 14 hp ,(i think ? ) puts people off.

Are the ancillaries the same on both the dumper and marine engines? I bought a box of general spare parts off a guy the other week who had just scrapped a dumper.

I had a water cooled marine PHW2 (very solid capable engine if a bit noisy). Not sure what you mean by ancillaries but cylinders and heads are obviously different so my guess is not a lot: injector pumps likely the same but pipes different, starter prob the same.

Considering its Tooley's Boatyard listing the engine you think it would be a bit more accurately listed. It says single cylinder..... But its actually a Dorman 3LB. 3 Cylinder. These are a really nice sounding engine but for a bitsa like that very overpriced.