Where's Gibbo?

David Schweizer

Featured Posts

It is said that Cleopatra was no beauty but I think she must have looked a bit better than your avatar to mezmerise Mark Anthony and Julius Caesar.

Quite right.Like my Avatar.The mere presence and charisma of her did it.Her exotic beauty was only secondary.

Edited by bizzard

Quite right.Like my Avatar.The mere presence and charisma of her did it.Her exotic beauty was only secondary.

Yes, don't be fooled by a woman's beauty and charisma. There is a lesson in this painting of Cleopatra which is entitled "Testing Poisons on Condemned Prisoners" supposedly to decide which one to take herself!

24294CBA-FRA-002-Cleopatra20testing20Poisons20on20Condemned20Prisoners-1887.jpg

She was a laugh a minute :)

Yes, don't be fooled by a woman's beauty and charisma. There is a lesson in this painting of Cleopatra which is entitled "Testing Poisons on Condemned Prisoners" supposedly to decide which one to take herself!

24294CBA-FRA-002-Cleopatra20testing20Poisons20on20Condemned20Prisoners-1887.jpg

She was a laugh a minute :)

Well she was just Asping for trouble.

I find the lea and stort site more interesting than here. Gone downhill here lately. There are some really nice peeps on here, but there are a dozen plonks who are slowly spoiling it, and of course, some of those plonks will now post telling me to sod off then. Hahaha

With your wonderfully accurate signature I'm suprised it hasnt helped with the above and where jokes really do fall into the grand scheme of things.

Being a welshman I'm used to my fair share too, some are really really funny even if they do offend my welsh side.

It still manages to make me laugh. I lost my very best friend to cancer years ago but a good cancer joke will still make me laugh just as much as any other.

There is no such thing as a family website, just websites! there no such thing a safe pub for children, just pubs. Its the parents job to censor their children, not mine or anyone elses.

It doesn't make us laugh when members persist on posting up jokes that go against the FAQ's- its a pain for us mods. There are plenty of sites where you can post jokes like that as deletedaccount says.

Re. Gibbos joke - I don't think Ive ever seen as many reported posts for one 'gag' (none from pc girlies, infact only one report from a woman), so it had to go - I think Gibbo has been a bit silly, or perhaps he was looking to go, or perhaps he was seeking attention? If he was - it took a a while but here it is! A whole Gibbo tastic thread!

Edited by Lady Muck

The world is saturated by pc correct plonkers and we need more people who call a spade a spade as the saying goes rather than people who worry about every comment they make in case it simple isnt pc..... :rolleyes:

Totally agree there! :clapping:

Do you think Chubby Brown knows anything about electrics? He may be a good replacement if Chris decides he's had enough!

(Iirc it was fellatio related humour but I'm rubbish at remembering jokes)

I'll bet that went down well :rolleyes:

I cannot think of a subject that can't be joked about.

Robin Evans' salary.......

Edited by Doorman

............ if Chris decides he's had enough!

Chris has decided he's had enough, and said so at the time........ posting as he did, the forum mods/owner has had enough too.

We will miss his electrical expertise, but there are others here with the same or similar, and the s-gauge website is there in it's finery for the most basic fitter-out to peruse and take not from.

Good luck to him and I hope I meet him out there on the cut somewhere.

Two plus me were probably not forum members then.

However they,and many more folk on this forum are very knowledgeable, not only about electrical matters,but a host of different trades and skills,but not everyone is confident, perhaps bold enough and a little''shy maybe'' to post their views and suggestions for fear of a possible onslaught of snipers,instead of a pleasant discussion and a swopping of each others views and ideas on the problem in hand.And indeed the names that i've mentioned including SNibble do all seem to be prepared to listen to each other and try to jointly solve an elec problem without getting heated.

A case in point. Sebrofs bow thruster. bizzard

A very good point.

I do wonder at times why, when someone makes an error of judgement, they get absolutely lambasted by certain forum members. Is it because in the personal or professional lives of those responsible, they're regarded as nonentities and see the forum as some sort of platform to air their inadequate frustrations?

Mike

Edited by Doorman

A very good point.

I do wonder at times why, when someone makes an error of judgement, they get absolutely lambasted by certain forum members. Is it becae in the personal or professional lives of those responsible, they're regarded as nonentities and see the forum as some sort of platform to air their inadequate frustrations?

Mike

I'm inclined to agree. A bunch of fives would probably be their reward for actual face to face verbal nastyness.

There are probably a couple of thousand forum members who would simply love to post or raise a topic but are put off by the almost enevitable ragging they might receive from certain members. I've been subject to it too,as you say we can all make mistakes.

Regards Bizzard.

I found him to be antagonistic, rude, and prone to resorting to insults in the face of a reasonable counter argument.

in other words, he was straight talking and didnt mince his words . . . . . . buuuuuuut, sometimes, a bit excitable and intimidating, lol. i reckon in real life, he is probably a nice guy, who at the end of the day does not suffer fools lightly. His beliefs were as strong as those of the pc brigade, and you have to have people with differing opinions to make sights like this work. DOWN WITH PC!!!!!

• Greenie 2

So you think we should tell Dan that we can be allowed to post jokes about rape then, eh? If your daughter had been raped you'd be joking about it, right? (To use the cancer analogy).

<playing devils advocate, as you were>

sheepishly pops head over parapet, who that aimed at

So you think we should tell Dan that we can be allowed to post jokes about rape then, eh? If your daughter had been raped you'd be joking about it, right? (To use the cancer analogy).

<playing devils advocate, as you were>

A very fair point IMHO. Just one question: Why when the awful subject of rape is discussed, do people invariably speak of female victims? I accept that most victims are female, but make no mistake, males get raped too. Ask anyone who has been in the nick.

Edited by Guest

sheepishly pops head over parapet, who that aimed at

he told a joke that was at Bernard Manning or Chubby Brown type of content, and it wasn't acceptable on here.

simples.

It doesn't ,mean the bloke is a pariah, or a sick human being, it did however lead to a self imposed summit, where he left the forum.

he told a joke that was at Bernard Manning or Chubby Brown type of content, and it wasn't acceptable on here.

simples.

It doesn't ,mean the bloke is a pariah, or a sick human being, it did however lead to a self imposed summit, where he left the forum.

i dont like bernard manning, used to live next door to him in Newquay, he was always pissed and bloody rude

I also never saw the joke but can imagine.

I have had my ups and downs with Gibbo but do miss his posts. I does take all sorts to make a forum work and as far as I am concerned though some of his posts shocked me at times I respected his right to post them.

It would seem as on this occasion Gibbo knew his joke might be over the top (going by his threat) it is a shame he stuck to his threat as this forum will miss him and hopefully he changes his mind.

You respected his "right to post them"?

I suggest you read the forum rules.

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, speculative,, inaccurate, aimed to deceive, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law."