Is there such a thing as canal world dating

hubble1974

Featured Posts

No, the signs were made with no space whatsoever at the beginning - as was the sign at the town bridge proclaiming "River Uck", which was done as a double-decker so that there was no space before the "U".

My favourite anagram of the town name used to be Ducklife, appropriate as there was plenty of it on the river.

If you drive North through Navenby on the A607 near Lincoln wou will pass a road named "Clint Lane" - the council must be quite fed up with cleaning off the one black line that regularly gets put on

Years ago I recall someone local to where I was living used stick on letters for the sign of his Lighthouse and Transport Museum, only to go to open up one Sunday morning and find he was now the proprietor of a Tart and Shithouse Museum.

I'd pay to see that

So'm I. :D

We did meet on a forum, it just wasn't this one.

Me too - met via another forum. when we got together I'd only been separated for three weeks after 7 years of marriage. The ex is still convinced it was a long standing affair, suppose it deflects from his cheating! Weve now been together nearly 9 years.

Both our exes were quite similar - she hated his boat, he wouldnt go camping. When we met we went a bit mad doing everything our exes wouldnt let us do - we went to lots of festivals. They probably think we're quite mad living on a boat!

Dead Swanky hairdressers in Letchworth has had to paint the 'S' on the wall as the letter that was there was missing so often.

No such shenanigans with word spacing is possible to save the signs on Dogpool Lane in Stirchley. Quick application of white-out and, oh, how everyone laughs.

Same with "Canal Street" in Manchester's gay quarter.

And in similar vein:

In the mid 70s the BCN Scoiety bought a van for the working party group. It was one of those vans with sliding doors. Someone went out and bought some stick on letters to display the words "Birmingham Canal Navigations Society" in a single row along each side of the van.

The only problem was that when the passenger door was fully open it covered up the letters "Birmingham C"...

David

Edited by David Mack

It's funny how online forum dating turns into road sign modification... :lol:

But this is a fitting metaphor for relationships. At the start, lots of heady interest in the opposite sex, but this soon peters out to being quite content with just putting down the odd rude word while playing scrabble.

• Greenie 1

If you drive North through Navenby on the A607 near Lincoln wou will pass a road named "Clint Lane" - the council must be quite fed up with cleaning off the one black line that regularly gets put on

My god! How vulva is that?