Is there such a thing as canal world dating

hubble1974

Featured Posts

Having made a massive assumption on the OP's sexual orientation (but to be fair he didn't indicate) - do we have to have some male CWDF members on standby just in case....

(er and no I'm not offering....)

Hi

i am probably going to open a hornets nest here but wanted to find out if the canal community as a whole has a recognised place to try online dating. I am a averagely good looking 36 yr old single guy and as of next spring planning to start tackling the network and wanted to know if there is such a thing as a canal based online dating site or similar. I just figure anyone with similar interests is always a good thing and dont know where to look. Any suggestions and if not have i just given away the business idea of the century

Ta

Dan

You could start a dating agency yourself or go to any banters and look at the cdf members.

Sue

Not sure this forumis quite the right place, seems to be full of mainly, bearded, long haired old folk...

Casp'

I will go with the old & long haired but I baulk at the bearded.

Sue

No need for a dating section...

scene at Diglis last Sunday night, we can't find a mooring, we being me (married, 44 balding with beard) Val (Married to me, 40, not balding no beard) Dad (77, bald, no beard) Mum (76, hair, no beard).

We ask another boat if we can moor alongside, it has 8 women in their forties on board.

Net result, I'm surrounded by four trying to chat me up, Val and Dad have two each...

You just need to find the right boat...

Having made a massive assumption on the OP's sexual orientation (but to be fair he didn't indicate) - do we have to have some male CWDF members on standby just in case....

(er and no I'm not offering....)

But not on your list MJ

Not sure this forumis quite the right place, seems to be full of mainly, bearded, long haired old folk...

Casp'

I guess it depends on one's definition of old but I think a certain forum member I now share a home with thanks to this forum would quote Meatloaf at you:

"two out of three aint bad"

...........and if he did not have to wear a suit to work each day then I expect he would tick all 3 boxes! :wub:

I guess it depends on one's definition of old but I think a certain forum member I now share a home with thanks to this forum would quote Meatloaf at you:

"two out of three aint bad"

or would it be

"I would do anything for love, but I wont do that"

when asked to deal with an overfull cassette / pump out.

Steve

I think the question was about dating, not pimping :)

I thought Graham Oliver had a spring in his step last time I saw him, whistling "If everyday was the first day of Spring".

'sfunny I had the same thought! Although in fairness hope always springs eternal ....

You can put me on your list if you want to BSP

'Ere! I thought you was hitched!!!

I signed up for something ages ago that was a boater's dating website thingy. Not sure if it was BSP's or not.

I neglected to fill out my profile or add any pictures or anything, so unsurprisingly nothing has happened. The excuse? Too busy boating!

The idea of a match-making service is a good one, 'cos boaters are a special breed. Having lots of banters for us singletons to forget it all by getting horrendously pissed is also good.

For my part I think having an interest in steam engines, Alfa Romeos, narrowboats, real ales and stoner rock music doesn't really leave much common ground with the average girl. But then I suppose I'm not looking for an average girl, that would be setting ones sights rather low, perhaps? I dunno.

All I do know is that life is an interesting journey and so far everything that's happened (good and bad) has led me to here, and 'here' isn't a bad place to be. Tomorrow could be even better, who knows?