Is there such a thing as canal world dating

hubble1974

Featured Posts

well this sign seems to combine road signs and relationships in one topic

navigation.jpg

OMG we've been round that roundabout! Several times - discussing whether there's a law about how many times you can go round a roundabout. And then arguing about which exit fits the route on the map! And then the discussion about me being the navigator and him the driver so it's my job to know. Followed by "so would you like to drive then!" Then the sulks.

I can't remember the the roundabout apologising though

Edited by Ange

My wife was bought up in outback South Australia. At the southern end of the Flinders Ranges is the remnants of the original 3' 6" Ghan Railway operating as heritage line from Port Augusta through the Pichi Richi Pass to Quorn.

For some reason all the directional signage on the railway and adjacent road has since time immemorial kept losing the first letters in all three words indicating the Pass.

Don

I'm a member of a dating site, nobody's taken the bait yet though... :lol:

That said, I don't actively scan the pictures and profiles of the females on there though, can't be bothered to, and I'm not that desperate... :lol:

Agreed. :cheers:

I've given up messaging those I like the look of as they never bother to reply, even to say thanks, but no thanks. Of those that have messaged me, the freak or unique types.... :help: I've met a few on the basis that it's better to live with an ugly/fat/disabled woman (one I met was all three... :rolleyes:) than to have to cook your own tea/do your own washing.... ;)

If the future of mankind relied on internet dating, then we're doomed to extinction..... :lol:

I've given up messaging those I like the look of as they never bother to reply, even to say thanks, but no thanks. Of those that have messaged me, the freak or unique types.... :help: I've met a few on the basis that it's better to live with an ugly/fat/disabled woman (one I met was all three... :rolleyes:) than to have to cook your own tea/do your own washing.... ;)

If the future of mankind relied on internet dating, then we're doomed to extinction..... :lol:

When I found myself single in 2006 my brother-in-law remarked that I was pretty well screwed (or not) as in my age group if a woman's half decent she'll be taken, and the ones that are still single will be single for a reason. A bit cynical, but largely true, alas.

Remember, kids, "Fatal Attraction" is a public information film!

(Although the First Mate did collar me via the internet. She is a nutcase, but in pleasant rather than dangerous ways)

When I found myself single in 2006 my brother-in-law remarked that I was pretty well screwed (or not) as in my age group if a woman's half decent she'll be taken, and the ones that are still single will be single for a reason. A bit cynical, but largely true, alas.

I must say I felt the same, no great enthusiasm for a "proper relationship" (I'll keep quiet about the " improper relationships" :rolleyes:) when I became single, as, yes the best women were married or spoken for...

Then suddenly Val wasn't married anymore, so I grabbed her before anyone else did.

Then suddenly Val wasn't married anymore, so I grabbed her before anyone else did.

When I was sat with Swmbo's ex, both commiserating with him and trying to find a way of telling him that I planned on asking her out, he suddenly looked at me and said "You do know she fancies you, don't you?".

Resisting the urge to jump off his boat and do cartwheels up and down the tow path, I feigned relative disinterest, claiming I couldn't do that to a mate.

When he told me to go for it, saying "I've been making her miserable for so long she deserves a bit of happiness." I left, doing (metaphorical) cartwheels up down the tow path.

That's one of the reasons I don't really look actively, nice looking women never respond, stuck up moos, and then there's the odd ones, I've had a few after me, the scariest was a 40something Indian lady, there's nothing wrong with older women, buuuuut, offering "motherly love with extra privileges", that was what reeeeally put me off, and the worst part is, she was located in Nelson, the next town over, one of the reasons I spend as little time there as I can... :blink:

Someday though, someday... :lol:

That's one of the reasons I don't really look actively, nice looking women never respond, stuck up moos, and then there's the odd ones, I've had a few after me,

Do you understand the consequences of shattering these poor ladies' dreams of a life spent with you?

Do you understand the consequences of shattering these poor ladies' dreams of a life spent with you?

He would have no problem finding them a hoover.... :closedeyes:

The Husband Store

A store that sells new husbands has opened in New York City , where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates:

You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the value of the products increase as the shopper ascends the flights. The shopper may choose any item from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to the next floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband. On the first floor the sign on the door reads:

Floor 1 - These men Have Jobs.

She is intrigued, but continues to the second floor, where the sign reads:

Floor 2 - These men Have Jobs and Love Kids.

'That's nice,' she thinks, 'but I want more.'

So she continues upward. The third floor sign reads:

Floor 3 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, and are Extremely Good Looking.

'Wow,' she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 4 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking and Help With Housework.

'Oh, mercy me!' she exclaims, 'I can hardly stand it!'

Still, she goes to the fifth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 5 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, Help with Housework, and Have a Strong Romantic Streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor, where the sign reads:

Floor 6 - You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.

PLEASE NOTE:

To avoid gender bias charges, the store's owner opened a New Wives store just across the street.

The first floor has wives that love sex.

The second floor has wives that love sex and have money and like beer.

The third, fourth, fifth and sixth floors have never been visited..

• Greenie 1

Nowt wrong with me, I'm a loving, caring person, I just have odd ways of doing things... :lol:

He would have no problem finding them a hoover.... :closedeyes:

That's a bit sexist, finding them an Iron, Washer, Dryer, Kettle, Fridge, Freezer, Mixer and a few other household appliances... :lol:

I don't really like Hoovers, they're one of those brands that started off with great products, and got worse with age and ended up with crap, rather than starting with crap, getting better with age and ending up with great products... :lol:

That's why my hoover was the generic lower case version. :P

Hoover or hoover, it's still a brand name in the vacuum collector world... :P

Technically, it should be Spangler, cos he invented what Hoover bought up, and ruined... :P

Bit like how everyone outside of boating refers to any non GRP boat on canals as a Barge... :P

Nowt wrong with me, I'm a loving, caring person, I just have odd ways of doing things... :lol:

Maybe you should go back and have a second look at your rejects pile, then.

There may well be some loving, caring ladies, in there, who just have odd ways of doing things (avoid the 40something Indian lady, though...She sounds scary).

Maybe you should go back and have a second look at your rejects pile, then.

There may well be some loving, caring ladies, in there, who just have odd ways of doing things (avoid the 40something Indian lady, though...She sounds scary).

Nah, can't be bothered, plus the so called perfect matches tend to be smokers, or already have children, both something I don't want (the latter is more about looking after someone else's kids, something I'm not comfortable with), but, I'm not desperate for a female companion, done fine for the past 4 years.... :)

When I was sat with Swmbo's ex, both commiserating with him and trying to find a way of telling him that I planned on asking her out, he suddenly looked at me and said "You do know she fancies you, don't you?".

Resisting the urge to jump off his boat and do cartwheels up and down the tow path, I feigned relative disinterest, claiming I couldn't do that to a mate.

When he told me to go for it, saying "I've been making her miserable for so long she deserves a bit of happiness." I left, doing (metaphorical) cartwheels up down the tow path.

So that's when your luck finally changed!

Nah, can't be bothered, plus the so called perfect matches tend to be smokers, or already have children, both something I don't want (the latter is more about looking after someone else's kids, something I'm not comfortable with), but, I'm not desperate for a female companion, done fine for the past 4 years.... :)

Women, are like dog poo. The older they get, the easier they are to pick up! :wacko:

Deleted because I can't work your earth technology and get a photo here

Martian, welcome to the site.

I've just noticed your boat name, are you an MP or Investment Banker by any chance?

My wife was bought up in outback South Australia. At the southern end of the Flinders Ranges is the remnants of the original 3' 6" Ghan Railway operating as heritage line from Port Augusta through the Pichi Richi Pass to Quorn.

For some reason all the directional signage on the railway and adjacent road has since time immemorial kept losing the first letters in all three words indicating the Pass.

Don

Obviously done by a piles sufferer :lol:

I wonder why there are relatively few women posting on this thread and why so many of those posting appear to still be single. I wonder ....

:banghead:

Possibly, because they're neither brave enough to come out of their closets, or, don't have as many sad jokes as us sad

sods!

Can anyone find my coat? :help:

I'm still not sure why you think I've been unlucky.

I wouldn't change a thing, even if I could.

Could it be, having your boat set on fire by scrotes, or, being fleeced by some devious witch?

Either way, your attitude towards it all has been very philosophical, the only way, me thinks! :)

Edited by Doorman

Could it be, having your boat set on fire by scrotes, or, being fleeced by some devious witch?

Either way, you're attitude towards it all has been very philosophical, the only way, me thinks! :)

They're just things.

It was a shame about Usk but how can I regret what was out of my control?

Being left with nothing but my boat, to live on, has led me directly to this point, now, and it gives me a warm, smug feeling, everytime I think about how my ex would feel, if she knew that she was instrumental in me being happy.

The wimin are too busy plotting, schemin' and seething, and the blokes are too content...

;)

Content to do what exactly?

I'm sitting at home not plotting, not scheming and not seething just sad as to why so many men seem so bitter. Not all of us women are users and abusers. You're just not looking in the right places and, it seems to me, you're walking into any potential relationships with the wrong attitude. It takes time and patience to build up a meaningful relationship and implicit in that is some form of respect. I haven't noticed much of that in your comments so far in this thread - no wonder so many seem to fall at the first hurdle. Have any of you considered that you may possibly not be love's young dream anymore? Sometimes a healthy dose of humour and small amount of self-knowledge might just help. What are women looking for? Not much really, just someone who's kind, open and funny and who likes to share. Easy really.

I'm editing this to say that it would appear that these comments are aimed at you Luctor, that's not not exactly right and I apologise - it's aimed at many of the male posters to this thread.

Edited by wrigglefingers