Is there such a thing as canal world dating

hubble1974

Featured Posts

To go back to the altered signs portion of the thread - our local Contabulary had 'Working together for a safer community' written across the bonnets of the cars. The locals soon clocked that ten seconds with a red marker pen changed the 'or' in working to 'an'.

Don't know any of the individuals on here who have been so honest about their failed relationships but having read all the thread really hope you all find happiness or stay happy depending on where you are at the moment. Mrs twbm and I have been together 30 years, which is 29.5 more than our friends gave us. Buggered if I know what we do to make it work but it does - that's not to say we haven't had occasions when we've seriously wondered if men and women are actually aliens from different planets brought together by accident.

Men from Mars women from Venus maybe?

Out of respect to my Irish mother and any other members of the fairer sex. I think the only true explanation to why there are so many difficulties in heterosexual relationships bonding, could be due to the following equation.

A woman's menstrual cycle lasts 28 and a half days = The lunar cycle lasts 28 and a half days

The term 'lunatic' is derived from the word Lunar :wacko::wacko:

Takes cover and waits for the exocet missiles :help:

Speed mating? Isn't that what some couples (usually the non-males) complain of? :lol:

Is that a synonym for premature evaluation? :P

IMO the problem with relationships is down to the fact that we have evolved to our environment but that environment ended when civilisation appeared which was quite recently really and we haven't evolved to civilisation (no reason to as there is no survival pressure on the human population) so we are cave men and cave women trying to fit ourselves into civilisation. Until we understand that and therefore ourselves we are struggling to make sense of ourselves and our relationships. A cave woman had certain survival problems and, subconsciously, conducted her relationships based on that, cave men subconsciously reacted to that in their own way and though neither realised each others true needs it nevertheless worked enough for the species to survive. Now we have a situation where we all expect more than is strictly required to survive so women keep wondering why men behave like they do and men likewise wonder about women. 'Romance' is a trick played by mother nature on us which meets her needs i.e. a high birth rate. Until we either evolve differently due to environmental pressure that 'trick' will stay and continue to frustrate us, or we can fully understand ourselves and work round it but that will take a long time yet I think.

It's a bit like electrics, until we understand what is actually happening then we will continue to have probs with batteries etc. We need Gibbo to run a dating service? :lol:

That's my view on it anyway.

Edited by nb Innisfree

Maybe you could get together with Wrigglefingers.

Your vacuuming could drown out the concertina.

I don't know why, but that's reminded me of the Rosie & Jim theme tune, and it's stuck in my head now.............. :help:

Best concentrate on Scrapheap Challenge, make sure proper manly stuff gets back into my head... :lol:

Is there a prize for working out exactly where the original sign is?

Have a go by all means but, working on the basis that the M4 and M32 references are correct it's near Bristol, but I can't think where, the brackets mean it isn't a junction with the M32 or the M4, but with a road that leads to them.

I'm making assumptions about the sign here but I think It's Filton Abbey Wood, because the M4 and M32 signs are in the right place, and the fourth arm leads to the MOD (red border)

Photographic proof is needed to support your claim

Richard

Hmmm, Google streetview....

Edited by RLWP

I'm making assumptions about the sign here but I think It's Filton Abbey Wood, because the M4 and M32 signs are in the right place, and the fourth arm leads to the MOD (red border)

Yup.

Used to live round there, and spotted that it must be the sign leaving the retail park.

Problem is, if it is that junction (which I believe it is) then it is on the retail park road, which isn't covered by streetview.

OMG, Carl and I agree!

After 3 yrs of being on my own I have realised that I don't need another half to be a whole person and that a I have given up on dating sites, and lookin for the "one" if it means that I am on my own with the dog at least a I have my friends which is good enough for me cus you can never have enoufg friends

After 3 yrs of being on my own I have realised that I don't need another half to be a whole person and that a I have given up on dating sites, and lookin for the "one" if it means that I am on my own with the dog at least a I have my friends which is good enough for me cus you can never have enough friends

At least with your dog you'll have a faithful companion, who will offer unconditional love without all of the standard

emotional 'hang ups' usually associated with humans. The only problem is where to buy poo bags :rolleyes:

Mike

Edited by Doorman

At least with your dog you'll have a faithful companion, who will offer unconditional love without all of the standard

emotional 'hang ups' usually associated with humans. The only problem is where to buy poo bags :rolleyes:

Mike

Agreed although charlie the schnauzer has just set me back £300 to have a nail removed! tried the national elf but he told me to bugger off. Tip of the week use nappy bags for poo bags they're substantially cheaper and just as good!