Where to post new boat cover offers on our website.

Kinver Canopies

Featured Posts

A good question. The "For Sale" section is strictly for private ads, which is fair enough. But I feel that the forum could usefully have somewhere where bone fide commercial organisations can advertise their relevant products and services. The difficulty is how to decide which are bona fide, and how to avoid an avelanche of posting of things of little or no interest to most of the readers here.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Hudds Lad said:

Business Classified section, in a similar vein to the Politics bit, if you’ve no interest in it you can hide it from your feed?

Brilliant idea.

Just want people to be aware of current offers and not miss out.  It's just trying to help out people in this time of economic squeeze. Next month when we get our new unit we'll be offering free repairs for a while to say thanks to the community for all it's support as we've grown as a business. But if there is no where to post the exact details of  such things then chance missed.

What can you do hey!! Dammed if you do dammed if you don't. 

Thanks for all the feedback ;) x 

• Greenie 1

19 minutes ago, magpie patrick said:

I am going to stick my neck out and say that Kinver fitted a new canopy on Juno 11 years ago and it is still serving well. I have no other connection to the company, but if anyone wants a personal recommendation... 

Love it, Thankyou.

I think we came to your boat in our first ever T4 work Van then drove to Cardiff or vice versa, long old day ;)

As your a MOD do you know if there is a suitable location on the forum to highlight offers and not just say look at us we are here!!

If not maybe could it be a suggestion to the other MODs to create a business area, just for new offers and ideas not just general adverts.

Cheers

• Unimpressed 1

I think a bit of the forum dedicated to commercial sales/offers would be a good idea. Bearing in mind how many canal boat related commercial businesses there are there is a possibility that the site could be overwhelmed if word gets round that it is OK to "advertise" on the forum. On the other hand if a member is looking to have work done on their boat they could check the "commercial " bit to see who offers the service they need. A win win situation! 

1 hour ago, Kinver Canopies said:

I think we came to your boat in our first ever T4 work Van then drove to Cardiff or vice versa, long old day ;)

You did - I remember it well!

1 hour ago, Kinver Canopies said:

As your a MOD do you know if there is a suitable location on the forum to highlight offers and not just say look at us we are here!!

If there was we would have directed you to it - there has been much discussion behind the scenes! 

1 minute ago, ditchcrawler said:

Well the mods have chosen not to remove it and are in fact commenting on here about it

Quite surprising really as I saw it as blatant advertising and not for the first time, I think. 

I agree that to allow general advertising on the main forum would quickly get very messy, but I am not averse to a well set up dedicated section where organisations could advertise their goods/services. Would it be possible to impose a small, token charge to use this service which would go to offset the forum costs?

Howard

• Greenie 1

there is the 'links' page in miscellaneous, but its not easy to find anything. 

I saw the Op as advertising but of something of interest to the forum and at least an attempt to observe the spirit of the forum rules, so  personally I didnt/am not  too worked up about it, if it had been for say a financial services company I might have been. 

I'm sure the mods/site owner will make the right decision. 

Edited by jonathanA
added line
  • Greenie 1

25 minutes ago, howardang said:

I agree that to allow general advertising on the main forum would quickly get very messy, but I am not averse to a well set up dedicated section where organisations could advertise their goods/services. Would it be possible to impose a small, token charge to use this service which would go to offset the forum costs? To clarify, the charge would be directed at the advertisers, not the boaters.

Howard

3 hours ago, howardang said:

I agree that to allow general advertising on the main forum would quickly get very messy, but I am not averse to a well set up dedicated section where organisations could advertise their goods/services. Would it be possible to impose a small, token charge to use this service which would go to offset the forum costs?

Howard

A charged for "directory" section would be a good idea.