Where to post new boat cover offers on our website.

Kinver Canopies

Featured Posts

I don't have a problem with it. People are always asking for recommendations for boat related companies on here, something which I often find is very useful. I suppose the difference in this instance is because the supplier initiated the post.

I've used Kinver Canopies a few times over the years, including a new cratch cover a few weeks ago, and have always been very pleased with their work. A few of our neighbours have used other cheaper companies for their cratch/pramhood covers, and the inferior quality and workmanship shows, particularly a year or so later.

On 01/03/2023 at 10:37, Kinver Canopies said:

Brilliant idea.

Just want people to be aware of current offers and not miss out.  It's just trying to help out people in this time of economic squeeze. Next month when we get our new unit we'll be offering free repairs for a while to say thanks to the community for all it's support as we've grown as a business. But if there is no where to post the exact details of  such things then chance missed.

What can you do hey!! Dammed if you do dammed if you don't. 

Thanks for all the feedback ;) x 

You are advertising your business, that's all.

• Greenie 2

Its a two way street though. Boaters need businesses to help them out every so often; and businesses need (paying) customers to operate. The fact that you don't see many business advertising/posts on here is simply the personal wish of the site owner.

It does seem that some people have trouble not reading things they don't want to read.

55 minutes ago, MtB said:

Can anyone explain what on earth this has to do with Kinver Canopies please? 

I think Hudds Lad is responding to Ditchcrawler's asking why not let MIH advertise here as well. For the avoidance of doubt, there is no link with Kinver Canopies

56 minutes ago, MtB said:

The whole thread is just an advert for Kinver Canopies! I'm really not understanding why the mods are allowing it.

It is very difficult to argue with that,  however Kinver have been members of the forum for over ten years, and have often commented on other posts without any sales pitch - to some extent they fall into the same category as me and the now seldom seen @RLWP - and to a lesser extent yourself in that many users of the forum know what we do for a living and may find our services of benefit. 

57 minutes ago, MtB said:

If it was a customer highlighting the special offers that would be fine but it isn't. Its Kinver Canopies themselves ramping the fact that they have some special offers on at the moment.

As a very satisfied customer of Kinver Canopies I would wholeheartedly recommend them - I may be missing something but we don't seem to see many recommendations on here. I actually picked up on Kinver from this forum when they started up, because I was struggling to get much out of a more local canopy supplier. 

The difficulty is where do recommendations stop and adverts start - it's a grey area

1 hour ago, MtB said:

It's advert masquerading as an innocent enquiry. An enquiry which should have been sent by PM to Team Mod.

And Team Mod have passed this up the chain of command and are waiting for a response.

I am now going to lock the thread

On 01/03/2023 at 13:11, Tractor said:

This is clearly an advertising ‘stunt’ for this manufacturer.

Not applicable on this Forum?

In what way is it a "stunt"?

What do you mean by "applicable"?

KC has been a member for over ten years, and it's very likely that he has sought permission to mention his products and services at some point during those years. Such requests are taken on their merits. We are, therefore, minded to allow this advert, but are awaiting a final yea or nay from the site owner before proceeding.

On 28/02/2023 at 12:31, Kinver Canopies said:

We are just launching some March offers on our website to start the new season. Where can we advertise them and post links please. Don't want to get in trouble. :) 

Hello, as site owner I am happy to authorise you to create a thread and post your March 2023 offers, with a link to your website.

Please post this in the links directory, as below.

On 01/03/2023 at 08:30, Hudds Lad said:

Business Classified section, in a similar vein to the Politics bit, if you’ve no interest in it you can hide it from your feed?

We have the links directory, which you could hide from your fee if you wished. 

The term is slightly dates, but otherwise the concept is reasonably sound.

https://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/forum/20-links-directory/

Thanks

Daniel

• Greenie 1