• Yes, I own a boat share
    • Not currently but I have owned a boat in the past
    • I have never owned a boat but may purchase one in future
    • No, I do not own a boat and currently have no plans to buy one
    • I'm not happy about this question and I wish to complain about it
    • Abstain

Featured Posts

25 minutes ago, Loddon said:

I'm not counting the PBK as that was part my dads  or the UF24  ;)

I built a PBK 56 Gannet at school. It was a hard chine plywood canoe. EVERY screw slot (and there were thousands) had to be either horizontal, vertical or in the same plane as the structure. 'Woody' Walker, the woodwork master was a hard taskmaster.🥵 

• Greenie 2

13 minutes ago, IanD said:

Second prize : 2 nights out with Jon57 😉

Not in anyway original Mr. D please try harder......

I honestly could not imagine a worse night out sat in a pub with a decent pint but being subject to your gobbing off about boats, canals, licence fees, solar, composting toilets, the meaning of life, brexit etc etc...

I would seriously lose the will to live after 10 mins. during which you would talk over me and everybody else.

2 minutes ago, M_JG said:

I honestly could not imagine a worse night out sat in a pub with a decent pint but being subject to your gobbing off about boats, canals, licence fees, solar, composting toilets, the meaning of life, brexit etc etc...

I would seriously lose the will to live after 10 mins. during which you would talk over me and everybody else.

Can we have a consultation 🤨or a vote so Ian will be happy 🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨

Just now, Jon57 said:

Can we have a consultation 🤨or a vote so Ian will be happy 🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨

The result might be electric.🤭🥴🥴

3 minutes ago, M_JG said:

Yea but he’d ignore us anyway

and he might find it hard to sit down with that accordion shoved up his rear end.

(he’s been ruder to me so hey ho)

36 minutes ago, M_JG said:

How about replacing Mr D with a "certain other member"? 

2 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

How about replacing Mr D with a "certain other member"? 

I honestly, and I mean it, I would share a pint with anyone else on here. Of course that would be dependent upon on them agreeing to said sharing of pint..some may not want to.

8 minutes ago, Athy said:

Before it was time for your round, eh?

Not a Northerner by any chance, are you?

You know where I am from, or should do,  I've stated it often enough...

4 minutes ago, Ianws said:

Not all Northerners fit a traditional Yorkshire stereotype, particularly those of us not from Yorkshire. 

Ah... somebody from the wrong side of the Pennines speaks?

I will defrain for dragging this further off topic by getting into a cross Pennine war/discussion. I was just replying originally tongue in cheek to @Athy to point out the North isn't homogeneous. 

The BBC used to have a North of England correspondent, starting somewhere round Birmingham(ish). Now we get weather forecasts saying, in the North or Northern Britain. That's a huge area and hundreds of miles long.

I will admit to being a Lancastrian but do love Yorkshire and have liked most Yorkshire people I've met. 

I always find it highly amusing that people who live in Yorkshire or Lancashire think they come from the North. Consider the distance from London to York, and then go the same distance again further North. No, you still haven't got anywhere near as far North as we live. Bloody southerners, barely beyond the clutches of London, the lot of you.