Diesel price

dave mackie

Featured Posts

On 17/08/2022 at 08:55, PD1964 said:

A big difference between there and here. Just thinking Why? Is it because the UK refinery’s buy it from say Saudi and the US can produce it’s own? Or is it high taxation from the Government? I wonder what would happen if the UK Government gave the fuel producers a Tax break for a year? Would the cost of fuel drop, so benefiting millions of people?

Fuel duty is 57.95p per litre plus VAT at 20%

59 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I paid a domestic rate of £1-15.9 at Turners in Wheaton Aston today.

£1.35 @ Wootton Warwen yesterday

Topped up, so with the 40 litres I carry in cans I should make it to Wheaton Aston in September

Edited by Midnight
  • Happy 1

22 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

I paid a domestic rate of £1-15.9 at Turners in Wheaton Aston today.

Norbury Junction have dropped to£1-18 domestic rate

17 hours ago, Goliath said:

ah, you turned up the Shroppie 

🧐

😃👍

Yes

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

And have you made it to Stourport...?

Almost made it today!

Got as far as Wolverley. 
Intention was to get to Stourport today from Kinver. 
But had too much to drink in the Plough and Harrow followed by the Cross. 
Set out at midday and had had enough after a few hours so the Lock Inn was a welcome sight. 
A few more hours tomorrow morning should see me there. 
I’ll post something on the Stourport thread when I’m there. Loving this section of the Staff and Worcester, it’s beautiful. And so much rock! Love it. 

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, Goliath said:

Almost made it today!

Got as far as Wolverley. 
Intention was to get to Stourport today from Kinver. 
But had too much to drink in the Plough and Harrow followed by the Cross. 
Set out at midday and had had enough after a few hours so the Lock Inn was a welcome sight. 
A few more hours tomorrow morning should see me there. 
I’ll post something on the Stourport thread when I’m there. Loving this section of the Staff and Worcester, it’s beautiful. And so much rock! Love it. 

Might even come that way myself after Chester

4 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Norbury Junction have dropped to £1.18 domestic rate

Turners and Norbury Junction always seem to be very keen on fuel pricing.

Paid £1.30 per litre at Worcester Marina today. Earlier, Upton-on-Severn marina had quoted £1.99/l (white diesel, no red) and I felt glad of my fuel cans ready to ride me over such rough spots.

56 minutes ago, Puffling said:

Turners and Norbury Junction always seem to be very keen on fuel pricing.

Paid £1.30 per litre at Worcester Marina today. Earlier, Upton-on-Severn marina had quoted £1.99/l (white diesel, no red) and I felt glad of my fuel cans ready to ride me over such rough spots.

Now my local "oil club" is selling kerosine at 80.9p a litre plus 5% VAT, and they claim to sell both 35 second kerosine and 28 second viscosity kerosine for the same price. 

I know this has prolly bin dun to death but is there any difference between 35 second kerosine and red diesel? 

12 minutes ago, MtB said:

Now my local "oil club" is selling kerosine at 80.9p a litre plus 5% VAT, and they claim to sell both 35 second kerosine and 28 second viscosity kerosine for the same price. 

I know this has prolly bin dun to death but is there any difference between 35 second kerosine and red diesel? 

None Mike  buy it and bung it in the boat. 

11 minutes ago, MtB said:

Not having a clue about this I thought I would have a google.  The first reference sperrs.com said:

Gas oil is also known as the 35-second oil or red diesel. It’s much heavier than kerosene and not very clean. Most older generation boilers, especially commercial and agricultural units, use this type of heating oil.

I await with interest what those who know and understand these things say.

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Not having a clue about this I thought I would have a google.  The first reference sperrs.com said:

Gas oil is also known as the 35-second oil or red diesel. It’s much heavier than kerosene and not very clean. Most older generation boilers, especially commercial and agricultural units, use this type of heating oil.

It's fine Jerra believe me I have in the past used lots of it 😉

10 hours ago, Jerra said:

From the order page at "The Oil Club":

What is Kerosene: 

There are a number of grades of Kerosene which is a product very similar to diesel.

• Kerosene (28 second) mainly used for domestic heating and range cookers.
  • Kerosene (35 Second) also known as gas oil and often used in an industrial environment such as grain blowers for farms and older school heating systems etc. But can also be found in some older heating systems
  • Jet Fuel is also Kerosene and used by aircraft.
  • Kerosene is also called kero, heating oil, burning oil or Paraffin
  • Kerosene 28 sec is thinner and less likely to "wax up" in very cold conditions than the thicker Kerosene 35 sec. You will see Antiwax additives which are often used in colder conditions to stop the kerosene turning to a waxy state which is more likely for the kerosene 35 sec.The sec or seconds is how long in seconds a given amount of kerosene and at set temperature takes to pass from one vessel to another though a set size hole.

12 hours ago, Jerra said:

Since the introduction of ULSD red dieselis the same as white diesel, but with a chemical trace identifier and dye added.

From https://www.speedyfuels.co.uk/faqs/red-diesel-faq/#:~:text=Yes – as its name suggests,dye or use dip testing.

"Red diesel fuel is no different than regular white diesel; it has the same properties so it can power all diesel-powered engines. However, if you use red diesel in a road vehicle on public roads, it’s considered tax evasion and you will be breaking the law.

An exception to this is for farmers. They can travel up to 1.5km using red diesel in a car to access land on the public highway."

7 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

£1.73 a litre for white diesel at the Asda in Worksop this morning. 

Pump still clicked off at £99 before the tank was full though. Had to put another paymeny card in to finish filling it up 🙄

Unless the price changed today Waitrose at Newark (£1.67 for petrol yesterday )  has been cheaper  than Asda all week , while usually the reverse is true. The word had spread and Waitrose sold out of fuel.

But it's good to see prices moving in the right direction.

1 hour ago, Midnight said:

Facebook post today says £1.15 @ Wheaton Aston

Will hang on I think it will be even less by the time i get to Shobnall. Filled up their on my outing end of May not filled up since.  Dipped today still loads of diesel. Plus 50 ltrs in cans. Having a old thumper helps plus solar and no hot showers 🤣🤣🤣

On 21/08/2022 at 18:22, MartynG said:

Unless the price changed today Waitrose at Newark (£1.67 for petrol yesterday )  has been cheaper  than Asda all week , while usually the reverse is true. The word had spread and Waitrose sold out of fuel.

But it's good to see prices moving in the right direction.

Prices seem to be dropping daily at the petrol stations we pass on the way too and from work.

It will only be temporary relief to peoples budgets though with the massive hikes in energy prices due in October :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

It will only be temporary relief to peoples budgets though with the massive hikes in energy prices due in October :rolleyes:

I am guessing most people are already out of any prior fixed rate  deal and paying almost double rates for gas and electricity . But yes the predicted further price jumps in October and January are something never seen before. I don't think most people realise  what is coming.

The prospect of paying £4k to 5k per year for gas/electric when previously paying around £1k or so  is , to say the least, alarming and will cause real hardship for people who are already struggling to make ends meet. Folks are going to go hungry and businesses not involved with life's essentials will suffer.