Any boater in MK missing an Amazon delivery

Tim Lewis

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Odd this malfunction near water.

There was a story about a drone that lost its auto homing facility when it was flown over a canal.

Does the GPS get confused by water?

I wouldnt have thought so.

Any GPS device can have a malfunction due to a whole load of reasons from component failure through to a software bug.

11 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

There was a story about a drone that lost its auto homing facility when it was flown over a canal.

I lost one in Pillings Lock. Perfect flight, coming down to land on auto, and suddenly flew sideways and hit tree branches, bouncing down and disappearing forever. The flight log showed no instruction to abort landing or change course.

21 minutes ago, matty40s said:

I lost one in Pillings Lock. Perfect flight, coming down to land on auto, and suddenly flew sideways and hit tree branches, bouncing down and disappearing forever. The flight log showed no instruction to abort landing or change course.

Pillings Lock, ‘nuff said :)

• Greenie 1

42 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Maybe someone was opening their garage door with their zapper

11 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Some of the cheaper drones don't use GPS, just image recognition. As I found out after flying mine over water. Water moves, a lot!

Maybe the Amazon drone was Marvin, got very bored delivering packages and just decided to end it all.  :(

49 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Doesn't pillings have Nat Grid towers running across the site, would that have an effect on the drone at all?

4 hours ago, Rambling Boater said:

Some of the cheaper drones don't use GPS, just image recognition. As I found out after flying mine over water. Water moves, a lot!

Maybe the Amazon drone was Marvin, got very bored delivering packages and just decided to end it all.  :(

Had a pain in all the diodes down it’s left side

The Starships, I believe, don't carry Amazon stuff, they are located next to a local Co-Op and deliver groceries etc - ideal if you wake up on Saturday morning and fancy a fry-up but don't have the makings! Not expensive, only a £1 or so over the cost of the goods.

26 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

The Starships, I believe, don't carry Amazon stuff, they are located next to a local Co-Op and deliver groceries etc - ideal if you wake up on Saturday morning and fancy a fry-up but don't have the makings! Not expensive, only a £1 or so over the cost of the goods.

I believe the same - friend of ours lives in New Bradwell and has severe arthritis (for which she is on strong medication). Starship deliveries from the local Co-Op combine the minimal exposure of home delivery with the "I need it now" of living just round the corner.

Having seen a few of these vehicles waiting to cross the road I wonder if it's visual system just got confused; "that looks a nice flat path between here and where I need to go..." Whoops. It's happened to humans before so don't poke too much fun at it.

I remember reading of someone setting their drone to “follow me” while cruising down the cut.  Then clicked “return home “ which the drone duly did, landing exactly where it took off from ...