Have any liveaboard had a positive covid test?

harleyj

Featured Posts

https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/covid-clusters

Analysis of data from the COVID Symptom Study app, led by researchers from King’s College London and the health technology company ZOE, reveals that there are six distinct ‘types’ of COVID-19, each distinguished by a particular cluster of symptoms. Moreover, the team found that these types differed in the severity of the disease and the need for respiratory support during hospitalisation.

1 (‘flu-like’ with no fever): Headache, loss of smell, muscle pains, cough, sore throat, chest pain, no fever.

2 (‘flu-like’ with fever): Headache, loss of smell, cough, sore throat, hoarseness, fever, loss of appetite.

3 (gastrointestinal): Headache, loss of smell, loss of appetite, diarrhea, sore throat, chest pain, no cough.

4 (severe level one, fatigue): Headache, loss of smell, cough, fever, hoarseness, chest pain, fatigue.

5 (severe level two, confusion): Headache, loss of smell, loss of appetite, cough, fever, hoarseness, sore throat, chest pain, fatigue, confusion, muscle pain.

6 (severe level three, abdominal and respiratory): Headache, loss of smell, loss of appetite, cough, fever, hoarseness, sore throat, chest pain, fatigue, confusion, muscle pain, shortness of breath, diarrhea, abdominal pain.

6 hours ago, nbfiresprite said:

Analysis of data from the COVID Symptom Study app, led by researchers from King’s College London and the health technology company ZOE, reveals that there are six distinct ‘types’ of COVID-19, each distinguished by a particular cluster of symptoms. Moreover, the team found that these types differed in the severity of the disease and the need for respiratory support during hospitalisation.

1 (‘flu-like’ with no fever): Headache, loss of smell, muscle pains, cough, sore throat, chest pain, no fever.

2 (‘flu-like’ with fever): Headache, loss of smell, cough, sore throat, hoarseness, fever, loss of appetite.

3 (gastrointestinal): Headache, loss of smell, loss of appetite, diarrhea, sore throat, chest pain, no cough.

4 (severe level one, fatigue): Headache, loss of smell, cough, fever, hoarseness, chest pain, fatigue.

5 (severe level two, confusion): Headache, loss of smell, loss of appetite, cough, fever, hoarseness, sore throat, chest pain, fatigue, confusion, muscle pain.

6 (severe level three, abdominal and respiratory): Headache, loss of smell, loss of appetite, cough, fever, hoarseness, sore throat, chest pain, fatigue, confusion, muscle pain, shortness of breath, diarrhea, abdominal pain.

And remember that COVID-19 is the disease that is caused by a specific novel coronavirus (which has its own name). I believe from media reports that the virus has been surprisingly stable (in contrast to the common cold which is more shifty than a politician/estate agent/pr agency/ or whatever you fave bogeyman is!) The virus leads to this variety of reactions within the human body, seemingly dependent on a range of factors (which I think are still to be determined) including pre-existing health, chronic and acute diseases, genetics and environment, with the latter playing a larger role than many commentators would like to admit.

It seems that the disease has much longer lasting impact than the infection, in many people.

And everyone of those symptoms can be caused by all sports of things other than COVID-19

6 hours ago, nbfiresprite said:

They still dont know precisely what it is and after all being so new its hardly suprising. One of our daughters caught it probably at work and took it home. All the family of her and hubby and three kids had it. Hubby and two kids felt mildly ill, youngest son aged 14 only knew he had it due to losing smell and taste. Daughter was realy ill but not hospitalised so not as bad as some of course. However she has relapsed twice and again last week and gets breathless at times and the doctors she have seen are now calling it covid lung for want of a better term we suppose. She is off work for the third time at the moment. Seeing a pulmonary bod next week.

• Horror 1

• 3 years later...

We like the duck song. 

Some brilliant rude versions of this with swearing. 

the girls like the one where the duck goes into the liquor store and asks the douchebag running the store 'hey, got any grapes?'. After three tries he gets his gun out and the douchebag finds some grapes. 

Brilliant ! 

There is also the suicide bomber duck version which is quite funny. 

12 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Allow me to assist ... I saw this today and remembered this conversation!

Theres three minutes of my life I aint ever getting back :wacko:

Edited by mrsmelly
  • Greenie 3

On 03/12/2023 at 10:16, mrsmelly said:

Theres three minutes of my life I aint ever getting back :wacko:

I just watched a video about how to build a time travelling machine.

That's 30 minutes of my life I will be getting back 🤣

• Happy 1

On 12/07/2020 at 14:15, harleyj said:

We are currently unable to leave our country apart from special circumstances and I am putting together a submission for us to be able to get to our boat. We have not heard of any liveaboards contracting the virus but wanted to let our government know some loose figures.

We spent all of lock down cc img no covid. Returned to our home in Goa India our permanent home after selling the boat still miss it within 1 month wife got it then

gave it to me lol. Boat best place away from the crowds shopping on line no issues at all. 

I inherited this when I bought the boat. This was before the covids and unrelated and I do not have a date for it. Seems quite old maybe a prescient person was responsible for it. 

Needless to say I never used any of these things, no tests. no virus. no controlled behaviour and no virus/vaccine. 

IMG_20231208_162440.thumb.jpg.56555a3ff73d4ae5fa6d11b78c666578.jpg

(sticker is mine)

I never used the product but is nearly  half full. 

18 minutes ago, magnetman said:

I inherited this when I bought the boat. This was before the covids and unrelated and I do not have a date for it. Seems quite old maybe a prescient person was responsible for it. 

Needless to say I never used any of these things, no tests. no virus. no controlled behaviour and no virus/vaccine. 

IMG_20231208_162440.thumb.jpg.56555a3ff73d4ae5fa6d11b78c666578.jpg

(sticker is mine)

I never used the product but is nearly  half full. 

I’ve not been jib jabbed either. 

Very interesting reading old ‘topical’ threads about covid, 

that was a mild one,

there are much longer angry argumentative and consequently funny threads regarding covid. 
I wonder in hindsight if folk now have a different view on how they behaved?

do those who partied have regret?

or do those who didn’t party have more regret?

when I say party, I mean general rule following or no. 
Lock down or Lock up ?

Edited by beerbeerbeerbeerbeer

2 minutes ago, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

I’ve not been jib jabbed either. 

Very interesting reading old ‘topical’ threads about covid, 

that was a mild one,

there are much longer angry argumentative and consequently funny threads regarding covid. 
I wonder in hindsight if folk now have a different view in how they behaved?

do those who partied have regret?

or do those who didn’t party have more regret?

when I say party, I mean general rule following or no. 
Lock down or Lock up ?

Looking back and on reflection thinking about the behaviour of the idiot in number ten we would likely have provided more face to face support to our daughter and granddaughter when our son in law was critically in ICU in April 2020.

We stuck to the rules but clearly he was playing us as fools for doing so.

Other than that we wouldn't have done anything very different.

Just now, magnetman said:

M4 out of London was heaven on earth. 

M42, the M40 the M25 was pretty good too,

and the A21. 

1 minute ago, M_JG said:

Looking back and on reflection thinking about the behaviour of the idiot in number ten we would likely have provided more face to face support to our daughter and granddaughter when our son in law was critically in ICU in April 2020.

We stuck to the rules but clearly he was playing us as fools for doing so.

Other than that we wouldn't have done anything very different.

hope he’s recovered

Just now, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

M42, the M40 the M25 was pretty good too,

and the A21. 

hope he’s recovered

Yes mate.

Some residual lung scarring but he's done very much better than many others.

1 minute ago, M_JG said:

Looking back and on reflection thinking about the behaviour of the idiot in number ten ...

its all in the eyes. Concentrate on the eyes. They tell the story. BJ has the eyes of deceit and possibly a bit of mania. Might not be his fault in life but it is a major problem and a reason not to trust this one. 

A lot can be learnt from the eyes if you look. 

2 hours ago, magnetman said:

its all in the eyes. Concentrate on the eyes. They tell the story. BJ has the eyes of deceit and possibly a bit of mania. Might not be his fault in life but it is a major problem and a reason not to trust this one. 

A lot can be learnt from the eyes if you look. 

Yes. His eyes are too close together. Tells us everything we need to know!!

I should note when I wrote BJ I was not referring to Bon Jovi the god of non conventional rock and non conventional roll. 

2 minutes ago, MtB said:

Was it this one?

image.png.30d18680e66f4d975e87948741347889.png

I thought that was Farridge's surgeon (sp).