Schrodinger's canals - both open and closed

Featured Posts

Just now, Mac of Cygnet said:

The last time I was in England I had my Scottish money rejected.  And there is a border - open of course so far, like all the borders between the independent countries of the EU.

Not according to the Welsh contingent on here.

Wales apparently is closed.

31 minutes ago, churchward said:

Awww bless.

Always one for a snide remark aren't you?

Not that I'm bothered one way or the other, but I do recall you having a go at somebody for making one, (or more).

27 minutes ago, churchward said:

But on the basis you are following the rule of when in a hole stop digging I understand your approach.

I thought he was taking this advice, rather than refraining from digging:

1612935760_AvoidDogShit.jpg.8b542f24ffc4a0b79fe6940d273074d2.jpg

Edited by Richard10002

Just now, Richard10002 said:

Always one for a snide remark aren't you?

Not that I'm bothered one way or the other, but I do recall you having a go at somebody for making one, (or more).

I am just making a comment about you chiming in in an unhelpful way.  One could have made comment on my reasoned post countering the original comment with examples but neither of you did so.

Just now, churchward said:

I am just making a comment about you chiming in in an unhelpful way.  One could have made comment on my reasoned post countering the original comment with examples but neither of you did so.

You can call it what you like... it was a snide remark!!

12 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

I thought he was taking this advice, rather than refraining from digging:

1612935760_AvoidDogShit.jpg.8b542f24ffc4a0b79fe6940d273074d2.jpg

Are you his knight in shinning armour now?  You may possibly be right though I could have taken that advice above and just ignored his original insulting post. 

Edited by churchward
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Physics. A reference to the infamous cat vivisectionist Erwin Shrodinger.

Jen

That is not very fair. Vivisectionist - not only was the cat not harmed by Erwin, it (and the experiment) was imaginary in the first place.

Shrodinger was not the best of human beings (according to most of his biographers) but he didn't chop cats up.

12 hours ago, Richard10002 said:

Presumably, marinas are getting paid their mooring fees, whether boats are used or not and, even if they were to open up for boaters to access their boats, it is unlikely that they would open up their other money making facilities, (chandlery, cafe, workshop, slip, drydock, etc..).

In the above scenario, there is no motivation for them to open up to boaters, given that it would be a load of hassle, for no return whatsoever. In fact, it may even cost them to do it.

Since I already have a key to the gate to access my mooring it will make no difference to the yard and cost them nothing if I visit the boat from tomorrow. But I won't expect the office to be open for the sale of diesel, gas, pump out etc.

• Greenie 1

22 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Given Wales' dependancy on the overall UK economy, I guess they can afford to be.

Much the same as Scotland really.

Both decisions were IMHO based on Wales and Scotland asserting their 'fake' independence.

What a stupid comment!

12 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

What a stupid comment!

Thankyou for feedback.

8 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

And Goliath and the Nomad make equally snide comments, but then that is to be exepcted from them.

What exactly is that if not a snide comment?

Edited by The Happy Nomad

3 hours ago, Graham Davis said:

And Goliath and the Nomad make equally snide comments, but then that is to be exepcted from them.

You obviously didn't see the post where Churchy complained about someone who was making snide comments, despite being the worlds expert at snide comments.

I don't think Goliath and Nomad have complained in the same way, so are not glass house dwellers :)

I will freely admit that, if I get the chance to make a snide comment at a handful of the people here, I will often take it, (although sometimes I cant be bothered with them :) )

5 minutes ago, Heartland said:

If cruising is eased in England as suggested by CRT,  what happens at Chirk when the canal passes into Wales ?

Blow the feckin thing up....temporarily of course.

Edited by matty40s

4 minutes ago, Heartland said:

If cruising is eased in England as suggested by CRT,  what happens at Chirk when the canal passes into Wales ?

I've asked C&RT about this today. The reply was that English boaters are not allowed to cruise in to Wales and Welsh boaters are not allowed to move at all. In other words, English boaters with the relaxation of guidance in the next couple of weeks have been put at more risk than Welsh ones, bearing in mind the difference in English and Welsh death rates.