Ready For Winter??

matty40s

Featured Posts

19 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

so any long term forcast?

Yes.

Come winter it will typically be colder, with a higher probability of snow.The hours of daylight will definitely be reduced compared to say summer.Canals may freeze.Councils will buy in their grit after a typical major freezing event ready for next summer.

Come spring the weather may show signs of warmer sunnier periods, but this is not guaranteed. The hours of daylight will likely increase.People, especially up north will be seen out and about in their shorts in temperatures below 5 degrees C.

Come summer June 21st-Jun28th traditionally when Mrsmelly has his annual summer holiday, it will almost certainly be torrential rain, and flooding on a biblical scale, though you will be able to see it longer due to increased hours of daylight. The following week it will be glorious with temperatures in the mid twenties.On hot summer days, people will complain that it is too damn hot.

It will then revolve back to autumn, as it has done for countless millenia with everyone complaining that it is colder, wetter and windier than it ever has been in the past, forgetting that we only have ourselves to blame.

Bear in mind the short time window you have for doing external work on you boat before it is too wet, windy, cold, hot, still, cloudy and that you must share that small window with actually going boating.

Here endeth the forecast.

• Greenie 3

28 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Yes.

Come winter it will typically be colder, with a higher probability of snow.The hours of daylight will definitely be reduced compared to say summer.Canals may freeze.Councils will buy in their grit after a typical major freezing event ready for next summer.

Come spring the weather may show signs of warmer sunnier periods, but this is not guaranteed. The hours of daylight will likely increase.People, especially up north will be seen out and about in their shorts in temperatures below 5 degrees C.

Come summer June 21st-Jun28th traditionally when Mrsmelly has his annual summer holiday, it will almost certainly be torrential rain, and flooding on a biblical scale, though you will be able to see it longer due to increased hours of daylight. The following week it will be glorious with temperatures in the mid twenties.On hot summer days, people will complain that it is too damn hot.

It will then revolve back to autumn, as it has done for countless millenia with everyone complaining that it is colder, wetter and windier than it ever has been in the past, forgetting that we only have ourselves to blame.

Bear in mind the short time window you have for doing external work on you boat before it is too wet, windy, cold, hot, still, cloudy and that you must share that small window with actually going boating.

Not very busy then?

;)

1 hour ago, tree monkey said:

so any long term forcast?

If you look at some of the weather forecast forums, they cant even decide what the weather will be like 2 weeks ahead, let alone months ahead. Anything beyond 2 week is just a guess as one butterfly getting stamped on in Java could mean a hurricane over here.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/92676-model-output-discussion-into-november-2019/page/40/

17 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

If you look at some of the weather forecast forums, they cant even decide what the weather will be like 2 weeks ahead, let alone months ahead. Anything beyond 2 week is just a guess as one butterfly getting stamped on in Java could mean a hurricane over here.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/92676-model-output-discussion-into-november-2019/page/40/

I occasionally look at net weather and rather enjoyed the run up to the beast, watching the excitement even from a position of ignorance was fun

2 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Yes.

I believe he has been in Doncaster recently... ?

• Haha 1
  • Horror 1

Just to clarify the post of weather Jonah, we may have been involved in the accidental import of wild stuff.

We came back on Tuesday (5th) from 2 weeks of pitching and rolling on the North Atlantic in force 6 to 8 northeasters, with 5 metre + seas  One night the bars, theatres and buffet were closed for safety.  we did however manage to see the northern lights and visit The Faroes- it snowed, and Iceland it had snowed and was icy underfoot.  Still we had an adventure and were not seasick.

Other persons may also have been implicated and this piece does not admit or accpet any liabilty.

36 minutes ago, Grebe said:

Just to clarify the post of weather Jonah, we may have been involved in the accidental import of wild stuff.

We came back on Tuesday (5th) from 2 weeks of pitching and rolling on the North Atlantic in force 6 to 8 northeasters, with 5 metre + seas  One night the bars, theatres and buffet were closed for safety.  we did however manage to see the northern lights and visit The Faroes- it snowed, and Iceland it had snowed and was icy underfoot.  Still we had an adventure and were not seasick.

Other persons may also have been implicated and this piece does not admit or accpet any liabilty.

May I suggest for the good of us all, never moor near Mr Smelly it may cause a tear in the space weather continum and destroy the planet. 

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, tree monkey said:

May I suggest for the good of us all, never moor near Mr Smelly it may cause a tear in the space weather continum and destroy the planet. 

I am in Dorset in a bloomin house thingie at present and wevvers been orrible.................proper raining innitt ?

While it's delightful to hear Frank Wilson's 'Do I Love You' (the highest-priced soul record in the world on its original issue) and I suspect I recognised the DJ, I am struggling to see its relevance to the topic. Matty, could you enlighten me?

4 hours ago, Athy said:

While it's delightful to hear Frank Wilson's 'Do I Love You' (the highest-priced soul record in the world on its original issue) and I suspect I recognised the DJ, I am struggling to see its relevance to the topic. Matty, could you enlighten me?

Really? I got Gary Brooker singing his greatest hit, complete with full orchestra and choir at Ledreborg Castle, Denmark in August 2006.

Here's the 1967 original.

Edited by David Mack

6 minutes ago, Athy said:

I've just looked agfain and I still get Frank Wilson's 'Do I Love You'. So, different people are getting different videos. Why should that happen?

However it was done, it's a neat trick, I got Springsteen:rolleyes:. I suspect it is You tube videos you've watched.

Edited by Wanderer Vagabond
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 15:53, Wanderer Vagabond said:

However it was done, it's a neat trick, I got Springsteen:rolleyes:. I suspect it is You tube videos you've watched.

That was bloody marvellous! Thank you for sharing :)