Another canal side property for sale

emm

Featured Posts

15 hours ago, Stroudwater1 said:

I had thought that too, It doesn’t seem to feature in sold properties in Atherstone on Zoopla. Perhaps the sale fell through in the end? 

I'm inclined to think that might well have happened. In my experience property trading any deal priced too high or too low tends to fail and £95k seems cheap. OTOH £170k for a house there with no road access or parking seems toppy. I wouldn't pay that much for it! 

10 hours ago, MtB said:

I'm inclined to think that might well have happened. In my experience property trading any deal priced too high or too low tends to fail and £95k seems cheap. OTOH £170k for a house there with no road access or parking seems toppy. I wouldn't pay that much for it! 

Especially when you consider how many times the Vlockie hut has been broken which is right next door

16 hours ago, MtB said:

Sold STC Coleshill Road, Atherstone - Mark Webster & Co. (markwebsterandco.co.uk)

On 05/03/2024 at 18:03, Alan de Enfield said:

From the details :

The property was originally a former lock cottage on the Staffordshire and Worcestershire canal. It has been substantially extended and over the years to form the current house. Internally there are some original parts with timber frame work still visible internally. The property offers lots of opportunities for not only family living but scope for multi-generational living and ample opportunity to work from home.

Maybe the lockie had to 'walk to work.

AFAIK the S&W cottage were not timber framed but all brick. I still doubt this is a lock cottage.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I think this is where the lady with the strange boat resided I was offered cheap diesel there. Its on FB with a video 

image.thumb.png.badf4fea30adc33b737fa918fbc6af02.png

Well - I didn't know that you got a 50% reduction in the licence fee if you have an EOG mooring !!

Maybe she/he/it should be reported to the Advertising Standards Agency for false claims.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Well - I didn't know that you got a 50% reduction in the licence fee if you have an EOG mooring !!

Maybe she/he/it should be reported to the Advertising Standards Agency for false claims.

Didn't there used to be a thing called a "Mooring Licence"? 

Pretty sure boats with a CRT or BW mooring used to display two license 'discs' back in the day. One being the normal boat license and the other being one's mooring license when mooring on line. 

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, MtB said:

Pretty sure boats with a CRT or BW mooring used to display two license 'discs' back in the day. One being the normal boat license and the other being one's mooring license when mooring on line. 

A bit like the discount for an electric boat with a big diesel outboard that use to be moored there 

2 hours ago, MtB said:

Still is but you no longer get a bit of paper to display.

2 hours ago, MtB said:

But I don't think the actual boat licence was 50% of the standard rate because you had a mooring 

14 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

But I don't think the actual boat licence was 50% of the standard rate because you had a mooring 

No but the "Mooring Licence" IS 50% off, if you provide the land to moor against!

10 minutes ago, MtB said:

No but the "Mooring Licence" IS 50% off, if you provide the land to moor against!

You pay 50% of the rate of the nearest CRT moorings with similar facilities.

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

Its an interesting location with no access as far as I can see.

Yes a land-locked plot 10m x 80m with no access other than from the water's edge, it appears.

£120k for that seems awfully optimistic!

20 hours ago, MtB said:

I had one for several years, from recollection it was called a Mooring Permit, and had a large green capital "M" on it.

• Greenie 1

9 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

I had one for several years, from recollection it was called a Mooring Permit, and had a large green capital "M" on it.

Oh, I remember them! I think you got one if you had a paid for mooring , not necessarily a BW one. 

1 hour ago, MtB said:

Yes a land-locked plot 10m x 80m with no access other than from the water's edge, it appears.

£120k for that seems awfully optimistic!

Just remember the price they wanted for  the boat from there when the Eastern European Lady wanted to sell it

2 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Just remember the price they wanted for  the boat from there when the Eastern European Lady wanted to sell it

I seem to recall that was being sold from the GU in Tyseley, whereas this plot is on the Tame Valley.

20 hours ago, Stellar2lw said:

"Characterful Stone Detached Residence": characterful = semi derelict

"For many, the dream of living with the peace and serenity" - fails to mention that it is v close to motorway and dual carriageway roads and shares a site/access with a former industrial activity of undisclosed nature

Who'd be an Estate Agent? 

27 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

"For many, the dream of living with the peace and serenity" - fails to mention that it is v close to motorway and dual carriageway roads and shares a site/access with a former industrial activity of undisclosed nature

I was thinking exactly the same thing

5 hours ago, Mike Todd said:

A pathological liar? :)

6 hours ago, Mike Todd said:

It was previously offered at £400k so at least it is getting cheaper. 

The previous estate agent very carefully cropped out the large substation at one side and the Biffa skip at the other side.

Took plenty of pics of the boats that are the other side of the boundary though.

I wouldn't pay for one of the moorings there though never mind a property.