Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

NEW: Following member feedback, we now have a Mooring & Marina Review forum. Post your review here.

mark99

Where is MtB?

Featured Posts

His latest application to be a moderator is apparently being processed........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

I think he has probably gone for good, but that's just my guess.  A shame - I miss him being here.

I would never say never...... ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup its all bad news. We need Mike and Gibbo back!! oh and Tony, another very knowledgable chap on his subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mark99 said:

Where is MtB?

 

When's Mike returning?

 

I guess he is off somewhere grinding his axe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, David Schweizer said:

I guess he is off somewhere grinding his axe.

I think he's a plumber not a lumberjack ?

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

I think he's a plumber not a lumberjack ?

And, to quote the famous song :

 

I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK
I sleep all night and I work all day


(He's a lumberjack and he's OK
He sleeps all night and he works all day)

 

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch
I go to the lavat'ry
On Wednesdays I go shopping
And have buttered scones for tea


(He cuts down trees...)
(He's a lumberjack...)

 

I cut down trees, I skip and jump
I love to press wild flow'rs
I put on women's clothing
And hang around in bars


(He cuts down trees...)
(He's a lumberjack...)

 

I cut down trees, I wear high heels
Suspenders and a bra
I wish I'd been a girlie
Just like my dear papa


(He cuts down trees...)
(He's a lumberjack...)

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

I guess he is off somewhere grinding his axe.

Mostly, I quite liked his axe and I don't really recall him doing any gratuitous damage with it. :)

 

 

  • Greenie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Yup its all bad news. We need Mike and Gibbo back!! oh and Tony, another very knowledgable chap on his subject.

Would that be TD? he'll not be back, he upsets people.................

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

And, to quote the famous song :

 

I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK
I sleep all night and I work all day


(He's a lumberjack and he's OK
He sleeps all night and he works all day)

 

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch
I go to the lavat'ry
On Wednesdays I go shopping
And have buttered scones for tea


(He cuts down trees...)
(He's a lumberjack...)

 

I cut down trees, I skip and jump
I love to press wild flow'rs
I put on women's clothing
And hang around in bars


(He cuts down trees...)
(He's a lumberjack...)

 

I cut down trees, I wear high heels
Suspenders and a bra
I wish I'd been a girlie
Just like my dear papa


(He cuts down trees...)
(He's a lumberjack...)

 

 

I heard Rusty singing that last week!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever you may think of TD, his experience is long standing, based on the real commercial boating world over decades. While his style may be acerbic, his knowledge is unquestionable. Ho hum....

  • Greenie 4
  • Unimpressed 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We want Mike.

When do we want him?

Now!

 

We want Mike.

When do we want him?

Now!

 

We want Mike.

When do we want him?

Now!

 

We want Mike.

When do we want him?

Now!

 

Right.I'm marching on Downing street. Who's with me?

 

 

1 minute ago, dave moore said:

Whatever you may think of TD, his experience is long standing, based on the real commercial boating world over decades. While his style may be acerbic, his knowledge is unquestionable. Ho hum....

He is also happy to apologise if he is wrong,I have it on good authority. Not everyone would!

  • Greenie 2
  • Happy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

We want Mike.

When do we want him?

Now!

 

We want Mike.

When do we want him?

Now!

 

We want Mike.

When do we want him?

Now!

 

We want Mike.

When do we want him?

Now!

 

Right.I'm marching on Downing street. Who's with me?

 

 

 

 

Anything to get another day off school !!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

We want Mike.

When do we want him?

Now!

 

We want Mike.

When do we want him?

Now!

 

We want Mike.

When do we want him?

Now!

 

We want Mike.

When do we want him?

Now!

 

Right.I'm marching on Downing street. Who's with me?

1

Instead of yellow jackets, can we wear boiler suits?

  • Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

Instead of yellow jackets, can we wear boiler suits?

Well, we could but the PM might think trump went ahead a released the residents of guantanamo!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Only if you are a 'man'.

Nah - MtB once told me that he believes in equal opportunity boiler suits. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

I can be anything I want these days apparently :) 

I heard you was a pirate last year!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Would that be TD? he'll not be back, he upsets people.................

i have met Tony on a few occasions. I used to talk with him when I skippered the Nottingham Princess on the Trent. Proper knowledgable bloke that is a very sad loss here. It has to be said that some people upset easily in this life and a boating forum is far poorer with his loss.

  • Greenie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

 

Right.I'm marching on Downing street.

 

Are you there yet?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr Bob said:

Are you there yet?

No. I got lost on the North circular. Which junction for number 10?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.