Photos of other members boats.

AllanW

Featured Posts

The RV Furor Scribendi’s return to Lancashire from Coventry City of Culture to be part of British Textile Biennial has unfortunately been delayed due to the recent breach on the Leeds & Liverpool Canal. However she will be back with us soon inviting residents of Accrington and beyond to take virtual and real tours of the boat, come on board to read or write for the afternoon and as the world slowly begins to unfold again, just drop in to read, day dream and float. We’ll share more information both on this website and via our newsletter and social media once we have details so please keep am eye out!

27 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

The RV Furor Scribendi’s return to Lancashire from Coventry City of Culture to be part of British Textile Biennial has unfortunately been delayed due to the recent breach on the Leeds & Liverpool Canal. However she will be back with us soon inviting residents of Accrington and beyond to take virtual and real tours of the boat, come on board to read or write for the afternoon and as the world slowly begins to unfold again, just drop in to read, day dream and float. We’ll share more information both on this website and via our newsletter and social media once we have details so please keep am eye out!

So we both saw her in Coventry basin late November you saw her last, the 24th, LadyG reported seeing her on the way to her moorings in Skipton the other day. It seems she has cruised there if seen on the way? If she was transported  she surely could have have been launched into the canal at Accrington? 
so she is we think in Skipton but that website posting doesn’t mention that. 
I don’t know the L&L well not been there for years sadly. 
Is it not possible to cruise via Keadby to Skipton currently and if not then why wasn’t she launched in Accrington if transported. 
If she did cruise there it’s good going to get to Skipton from at least after 24Nov to arrive at Skipton. A bit intriguing 

8 minutes ago, Stroudwater1 said:

So we both saw her in Coventry basin late November you saw her last, the 24th, LadyG reported seeing her on the way to her moorings in Skipton the other day. It seems she has cruised there if seen on the way? If she was transported  she surely could have have been launched into the canal at Accrington? 
Is it not possible to cruise via Keadby to Skipton currently and if not then why wasn’t she launched in Accrington if transported. 
If she did cruise there it’s good going to get to Skipton from at least after 24Nov to arrive at Skipton. A bit intriguing 

Could have been craned in at Niffany, i’ve seen that done, then it’s a short cruise to Skipton.

5 hours ago, Stroudwater1 said:

According to the plan in May she was meant to be in Accrington later this year. I dont know the L&L well enough, what stoppage was on the Leeds side to stop them cruising up that side to Skipton? Looks like Accrington is out though? 

The long stoppages are the breach at Rishton and the rebuilding of Eshton Road lock at Gargrave.  @LadyG is trapped between these, so if Scribendi is moored near her it's on the section that allows navigation to Accrington.

I don't know for sure but suspect the longer term mooring will be the wharf and garden where the Idle Women project was based.

2 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

The long stoppages are the breach at Rishton and the rebuilding of Eshton Road lock at Gargrave.  @LadyG is trapped between these, so if Scribendi is moored near her it's on the section that allows navigation to Accrington.

I don't know for sure but suspect the longer term mooring will be the wharf and garden where the Idle Women project was based.

Well it was at Reedley on the 8th

4 hours ago, Stroudwater1 said:

Some people like a good cruise..if it's possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 21/09/2023 at 15:28, Francis Herne said:

Emily Anne was towed down Hunts Lock from the drydock this morning....

That's us!

On drydock for our 'every four years, if it needs it or not' blacking and hull inspection for the insurance.

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

The Shroppie’s the place to be,

It is indeed. I spotted you on Saturday morning but no signs of life when we passed.

On 30/06/2022 at 07:46, Stroudwater1 said:

Passed a n(ice boat at Stretton Wharf ready for some alterations 

23B1569F-CAF3-4A80-B950-DE54B0BFEE11.jpeg.64d474b587f9cec52e8b71ffabc8cdd8.jpeg

I missed this when first posted. Alterations were largely complete by that point I think - mainly converting the hatches from flipover tops to sliding which means I am no longer the only person who can open them.

Currently at Tattenhall en route to the Port, now in stealth mode, aka partially repainted so no signwriting. The hull looks rather more black than grey though!

Alec

9 minutes ago, agg221 said:
10 hours ago, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

It is indeed. I spotted you on Saturday morning but no signs of life when we passed.

Absent visiting family,

Now back on board but travelling in opposite direction to you,

with a run into Brum for Friday. 

I saw Song of the Waterways at Stretton Wharf the other week but didn’t spot Oats. 👍

Edited by beerbeerbeerbeerbeer

21 hours ago, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

Absent visiting family,

Now back on board but travelling in opposite direction to you,

with a run into Brum for Friday. 

I saw song of the waterways at Stratton Wharf the other week but didn’t spot Oats. 👍

It was Song I was on on Saturday - it was moored just down from you on Friday night. Song and Oates met up at Market Drayton and headed north together, mainly so that one can tow the other if (when?) an engine fails. Current evidence suggests that will be Oates, having only just got it going again in time after a magneto failure.

Alec

Edited by agg221

On 24/03/2024 at 22:31, Francis Herne said:

Some boats from the last couple of days.

IMG_20240323_153930~2.jpg

IMG_20240323_162250.jpg

IMG_20240324_131048.jpg

Aaah so that *is* the Goliath from this forum. I too saw him on the move on the shroppie a few weeks ago, at Norbury junction I believe. 

2 hours ago, sigsegv said:

Aaah so that *is* the Goliath from this forum. I too saw him on the move on the shroppie a few weeks ago, at Norbury junction I believe. 

I saw him sitting on the hard