Reasons not to move a boat part 1

Ray T

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Chewbacka said:

If there is a stretch of moorings with spaces free, I will usually moor at the downwind end, that way when engines start and idle for ages the fumes blow away from me.

Added - Probably should have kept that to myself.

I moored behind a boat at Middlewich in the end spot then noticed he had a wind chime hanging on his tiller and as we sleep in the back cabin I decided it may be better to reverse back to the other end of the moorings.

45 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I moored behind a boat at Middlewich in the end spot then noticed he had a wind chime hanging on his tiller and as we sleep in the back cabin I decided it may be better to reverse back to the other end of the moorings.

Didn't you have any scissors on board then? 

• Greenie 1

• 1 month later...

How long does it take to realign a satellite dish manually? 30 seconds or so, so why not just move?

We've just moved 100m round a corner, and that's how long it took me. The wind has really picked up today and after a couple of near misses, a working boat (very gently) hit us. Pleasant guy says "not the best spot to moor in this wind" "I know, but we've been here 48hrs, and it hadn't been an issue"

So we bow-hauled the boat to a better spot. 

34 minutes ago, MHS said:

How long does it take to realign a satellite dish manually? 30 seconds or so, so why not just move?

We've just moved 100m round a corner, and that's how long it took me. The wind has really picked up today and after a couple of near misses, a working boat (very gently) hit us. Pleasant guy says "not the best spot to moor in this wind" "I know, but we've been here 48hrs, and it hadn't been an issue"

So we bow-hauled the boat to a better spot. 

What a nice way of saying that it was a poor place to moor.

56 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

What a nice way of saying that it was a poor place to moor.

Yes, there was no grumbling from either of us.

It would be great though, if everyone could know exactly which way the wind would blow in 2 days time. 

This over-stayer claims that he has broken down. But that was last July, he has not moved in all that time. Many people have offer to tow him to Foxes, Yet he has refused all offers. The other two are just as bad, moving between the town and park moorings for months with total disregard to the 36 hour limit. undefined 

35 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

This over-stayer claims that he has broken down. But that was last July, he has not moved in all that time. Many people have offer to tow him to Foxes, Yet he has refused all offers. The other two are just as bad, moving between the town and park moorings for months with total disregard to the 36 hour limit. undefined 

it is people like this who are making the Middle Level authorities taking the actions they are in Parliament.

I think I might have a selection of posters, for different purposes.

1] Shhh, siesta time

2] Please do not disturb , the cat is sleeping

3] Beware of the dog ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,[for use in rough areas]

4] Moor alongside, especially if you have any ice for my G&T 

Welcome