* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

Sorry folks, My posts do sometimes have errors. I have promised to slow down. The video is of our boat and was taken when we were returning to our marina after a visit to Stone on The Trent and Mersea. We are moored in the video below Great Heywood on the Trent and Mersea. The date was the 30th of June. Well before it was taken on the 11th of July. You may notice that it was posted on the 11th also, which caused us great excitement until we realised it would be physically impossible to travel from Mercia Marina at 9.30 am, and then to be moored in the opposite direction on the Trent and Mersea below Great Heywood at 4.15! I do hope I have made this clearer, many thanks.

Sorry folks, My posts do sometimes have errors. I have promised to slow down. The video is of our boat and was taken when we were returning to our marina after a visit to Stone on The Trent and Mersea. We are moored in the video below Great Heywood on the Trent and Mersea. The date was the 30th of June. Well before it was taken on the 11th of July. You may notice that it was posted on the 11th also, which caused us great excitement until we realised it would be physically impossible to travel from Mercia Marina at 9.30 am, and then to be moored in the opposite direction on the Trent and Mersea below Great Heywood at 4.15! I do hope I have made this clearer, many thanks.

Thanks for clarifying.

The boat taken from the Wyken Arm was quickly recovered at Sutton Stop.

So the announcement on FB was that it had, both been taken and recovered.

If it had been taken and was still missing I don't think it would have been so casually mentioned.

However it does demonstrate just how more aware everyone needs to be.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought it was still missing.

Ken

Anyone on the river Nene? That's been known to hide stolen boats from time to time... plenty of reeds I believe.

To get here it's got to come down the GU without being spotted.

That or it's come via the wash and through the Dog.

I very much doubt it's here.

As for the reeds, you're getting confused and mixing us up with Broadland.

Edited by gazza

We also know that Chilton has been found.

Has anyone asked CRT to keep an eye out for a "Chilton" moving round the system when there is one now rescued by its owners and probably back in Kings Bromley by now.

I can't help thinking that one was a decoy theft.

Nobody seems to have commented on the keen 'interest' the guy filming took in the boat.

I found that a bit strange.

Yes, indeed, but probably coincidental. After all, if you were stealing a boat, you probably wouldn't draw attention to the fact with a YouTube video!

I will visit the SUC tomorrow - will report when I get back. I'll have my camera ready for a picture and will send to Chris and Graham if I see anything.

Yes, indeed, but probably coincidental. After all, if you were stealing a boat, you probably wouldn't draw attention to the fact with a YouTube video!

I will visit the SUC tomorrow - will report when I get back. I'll have my camera ready for a picture and will send to Chris and Graham if I see anything.

Well neither would you leave the licence plates where they could readily be found.

I just found it weird.

Nobody seems to have commented on the keen 'interest' the guy filming took in the boat.

Good point Martin. He knew the name of the boat. Did the boat have a marina sticker in a window?

Just a thought.

Good point Martin. He knew the name of the boat. Did the boat have a marina sticker in a window?

Just a thought.

Surely he's naming the boat behind with the similar stern, which he had just walked past before stopping at Chris and Graham's boat.

If I understand correctly, their boat doesn't have a name yet.

Surely he's naming the boat behind with the similar stern, which he had just walked past before stopping at Chris and Graham's boat.

If I understand correctly, their boat doesn't have a name yet.

what is written on the licence in the window. I ask,as I have never had a boat with no name.

Now 'A Horse with no name' was one of my first records and especially one of the best in my opinion.

1. the videographer is referring to a different boat, not the now-missing one.
  2. the missing boats licences were found dumped, miles away, and showed the name of the boat as 'No Name'.

We need a confirmed, and timed/dated, sighting of the missing boat ASAP to narrow the search down!

Thats what i said we need to start 2-3 days travelling from the last sight and work in.

That or need a person or team at each direction from where it can go so as soon as it comes past it can be followed

Stop right there!! The guy is called Nick, the interest he took in filming the boat is due to him being in the process designing and having a boat built. i follow his vlogs on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsufOBDAWgNh9vAuNaSbOgA

I can understand where you are coming from Martin but if you watch any of his vlogs you will see he's a good guy.

I hope the boat is found soon though, i can only imagine how devastating and stressful it must be for Chris and Graham.

Keep up the good work.

:D :D :D

That's MJG in the doghouse! ;)

Well you would think I had summarily convicted the guy rather than just make a passing comment about something I personally found curious.

Well you would think I had summarily convicted the guy rather than just make a passing comment about something I personally found curious.

I found it curious too Martin, but having watched the rest of the video i think the guy is quite genuine and is just taking a holiday video.