* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

same window formation and same colour tunnel bands.

attachicon.gifmcc.jpg attachicon.gifrare bear.jpg

Looking at the 2 pictures it strikes me the tunnel bands are the same colour, windows and even the vent in the gunnel behalf nd the rear fender all look the same.

Rare Bear is Blue and Cream so why would it have a burgundy tunnel band? When most are red.

It certainly looks like its the same boat and its had a quick paint job to disguise it and the tunnel bands are a lot harder to paint on the towpath.

If it was me i would be getting somebody over there to check it out asap.

If its genuine im sure the owners wont mind it being ruled out.

Hi, I gave the pic a run through photoshop to sharpen it a bit and increase size. hope it works.

post-26791-0-37214700-1470430804_thumb.jpg

edited to say the coach lines around the sides are much thicker, and it may be blue.

Edited by AllanC

Why is the lady on Rare Bear getting upset. Only one picture has been posted. Have the hordes of people taking pics of RB not posted them or is she suspiciously sensitive?

Edited by Theo

same window formation and same colour tunnel bands.

attachicon.gifmcc.jpg attachicon.gifrare bear.jpg

Rare Bear is certainly worth a closer look as a lot seems to match initially, window layout / type, stove chimney position, tunnel bands and various hull fittings (fender eyes and drains)

however I will say that having tried to knock the perspective off the image of rare bear and overlay the result onto the image of the missing boat the window layout does not appear the same, this may be due to me under / over doing the perspective removal or it could be that rare bear is actually a shorter boat.

post-9998-0-81571600-1470430996_thumb.jpg

Rare Bear is Blue and Cream so why would it have a burgundy tunnel band? When most are red.

This point in particular suggests to me this IS the missing boat.

A burgundy tunnel band is very unusual.

(Especially on a boat with no other burgundy paint on it.)

• Greenie 2

These are 2 different boats. The fender chains on one (Aurora) come off brackets on the deck & on the other (No Name) the brackets are on the rubbing strake. Can we determine what bracket arrangement Rare Bear has? We need the original photo.

Edited by Flyboy
  • Greenie 2

On checking I see the second one is AURORA.

And AURORA has a red tunnel band not burgundy. The fender height and position on the missing boat photo exactly matches RARE BEAR too, as well as the unusual tunnel band colour.

looking back at the video, the rear fender looks the same.

Not to add needless speculation, but if you painted the burgundy round the sides to cream, the stolen boat could look just like this one.

having a burgundy tunnel band would seem out of place.

it looks to me that when the boats are painted,If you have red in between the coach lines you get red tunnel band .If you have burgundy in between coach lines you get burgundy tunnel band.Aurora Has red tunnel band and red in between coach lines.C&G boat has burgundy in between coach lines and has burgundy tunnel band