* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

Mike, that's what happens when you look at Pearson's and forget the North arrow!

However, according to my Pearson's, if you are going north from Weston, Sandon comes first, followed by Aston, then it's Stone!

Nick, if you're not in a rush, then why not stay put and have a nice canal walk.....(of a southerly nature)?

And, if you can, get a nice sharp photo.:)

Of course you are right, we did Sandon Lock after Weston Lock. My apologies, must be the excitement.

I have a nice sharp photo, it is just on my camera, and I don't have the cable to upload it to my computer :(

Not sure what else I can achieve by going back at this stage. We really need either someone to eliminate this as a genuine boat, or for the owners to act further. We will keep a watch out in case it moves again in this direction. If it is genuine then they are probably on their own mooring. If not, they have a pretty good place on the offside to continue the work on it.

Of course you are right, we did Sandon Lock after Weston Lock. My apologies, must be the excitement.

I have a nice sharp photo, it is just on my camera, and I don't have the cable to upload it to my computer sad.png

Not sure what else I can achieve by going back at this stage. We really need either someone to eliminate this as a genuine boat, or for the owners to act further. We will keep a watch out in case it moves again in this direction. If it is genuine then they are probably on their own mooring. If not, they have a pretty good place on the offside to continue the work on it.

i have asked "yank on the cut" and emailed the pics to C&G to verify

I used vinyl tape to put a neat white stripe on my boat. Doesn't require a coach painters skill and can be done in a few minutes.

And the thief, whoever it is, has had three weeks.....

I have a nice sharp photo, it is just on my camera, and I don't have the cable to upload it to my computer :(

Sounds stupid but why not email the photo from your phone to pc?? I do this all the time. Or up load the photo from your phone to here or text someone the photo who can do it???

can you see if there is a side hatch between the front 2 windows?

Yes there is.

yes very true.

Can nick add any more pics that might be useful. (like the ones he has already done.) A view into the deck area perhaps.

I have a view into the deck area, but as it shows people's faces it would be inappropriate to post on here. I will keep the picture though, just in case...

BTW, we only took two pictures - what I have been posting are zoomed in sections of the original picture.,

Maybe email it to yourself?

Richard

Old camera I am afraid, it doesn't do emails.

Sounds stupid but why not email the photo from your phone to pc?? I do this all the time. Or up load the photo from your phone to here or text someone the photo who can do it???

We took the photos on our camera, an oldish Canon jobby. I have had to photograph the camera screen with my phone to post what I can on here.

Small detail but the rear fender left hand chain has what looks like the same excess links in the same position as the stolen boat when video'd at Great Haywood. Not conclusive I know but another strong similarity.

Yes there is.

I have a view into the deck area, but as it shows people's faces it would be inappropriate to post on here. I will keep the picture though, just in case...

BTW, we only took two pictures - what I have been posting are zoomed in sections of the original picture.,

Old camera I am afraid, it doesn't do emails.

Why....... technology why....... thats my last input. If you need me to come photo it let me know by private pm im leaving mk at 8 so will be around bclm by 9.45 unless i make a divertion to photo this boat so let me know by morning

Small detail but the rear fender left hand chain has what looks like the same excess links in the same position as the stolen boat when video'd at Great Haywood. Not conclusive I know but another strong similarity.

You'd think with this degree of scrutiny a structural detail that does not match would have been spotted by now.

But every detail matches except the paint.

Why....... technology why....... thats my last input. If you need me to come photo it let me know by private pm im leaving mk at 8 so will be around bclm by 9.45 unless i make a divertion to photo this boat so let me know by morning

All credit to you for offering to make the effort and drive the distance.

(seeing as no-one else has said so yet!)

You'd think with this degree of scrutiny a structural detail that does not match would have been spotted by now.

But every detail matches except the paint.

All credit to you for offering to make the effort and drive the distance.

(seeing as no-one else has said so yet!)

why dont you?