* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

You can't give me greenies because I am a very important moderator and could be bribed.

I know. I gave you a half share in a greenie. You'll have to work out that with GoodGirl

Richard

It's also less than 2 days travel from where the boat was taken from, so if it were the one those on board must be very significant risk takers!

The last one was stolen with a few hours boating

Ill leave early in the morning ill drive to weaston if i dont see them ill drive to sandon and walk to weston if no one is closer than me but its a bit out the way from bclm though and im coming from mk so its not exactly close but if no one elts can ill do it

They would be heading towards Aston rather than Sandon.

We are slightly ahead but will keep ears and eyes open in case they pass us.

Can anybody see the picture of this latest sighting well enough to see if......

1) It has the side door between the frontmost 2 windows

I cannot make out the side door

2) It has the brass fender eyes let into the hull side

I can just about make out the first fender eye and the hole behind it. looks the same as the OP's boat

and

3) Where the stern dollies for tying ropes to are, as this seems to vary between boats otherwise of the same genre, (one example has them behinf that back end "shroud", another alongside it

Looks the same as the OP's boat..

All these things would take steelwork rather than paint to disguise, so if any of those things fail to match, I think it becomes less likely this is the missing boat.

So perhaps C&G need to say if they had a stainless one or all brass

Perhaps. Having those silly fender eyes in the same place is a good identifier. If the stolen boat has none, this probably isn't it

Although, can I just say we need to eliminate this boat rather than assume it is the stolen one

Richard

• Greenie 1

No if i had my bike i would happly park at stone and bike that way but i cant get it till 10 from bike shop as it was in for repair unless i take my one from the boat but thats a big balls ake as i dont gave the key to the pad lock with me and its got about 3 chains in it so its not a sinple task nore is driving home when i dont have the car till the morning.

So perhaps C&G need to say if they had a stainless one or all brass

I shouldn't rely on the apparent colour of the metal. It will be modified by reflection from the water.

N

I shouldn't rely on the apparent colour of the metal. It will be modified by reflection from the water.

N

No - I'm sorry, you don't get another half-a-greenie for making a good point

Richard

I did not understand the question.

In 1201 the stolen boat is on the left and new sighting Rare Bear on right

Sorry this is meant to be in response to GoodGurl.

The stern fender brackets on the stolen boat are welded to the rubbing strake & are on the deck on Aurora. We need to determine if Rare Bear has brackets welded on the rubbing strake.

The stern fender brackets on the stolen boat are welded to the rubbing strake & are on the deck on Aurora. We need to determine if Rare Bear has brackets welded on the rubbing strake.

As far as I can tell, it doesn't

Richard

C&G did say that 1 fender eye had recently been replaced and was a lot shinier than the rest. It could look chrome.

Just checked - starboard front fender eye post 7. Wouldn't be seen in previous picture.

Edited by Chalky

Ok, just to slow down and breathe a little.

If you look at the video, the body of the missing boat had a burgundy band, then cream coachline, then blue infill.

The closeup pic that was just posted has a whitish band then red coachline then blue infill. Surely adding a red coachline would be problematic while on the run. Paainting a big white band to cover the burgundy...yes, but painting a narrow red coachline...not sure.

• Greenie 1

They would be heading towards Aston rather than Sandon.

We are slightly ahead but will keep ears and eyes open in case they pass us.

Oh yes, my apologies. I've confused myself looking at the map. I thought Stone was south of Weston. It isn't!

Mike, that's what happens when you look at Pearson's and forget the North arrow!

However, according to my Pearson's, if you are going north from Weston, Sandon comes first, followed by Aston, then it's Stone!

Nick, if you're not in a rush, then why not stay put and have a nice canal walk.....(of a southerly nature)?

And, if you can, get a nice sharp photo.smile.png

Edited by stripey

Mike, that's what happens when you look at Pearson's and forget the North arrow!

However, according to my Pearson's, if you are going north from Weston, Sandon comes first, followed by Aston, then it's Stone!

Nick, if you're not in a rush, then why not stay put and have a nice canal walk.....(of a southerly nature)?

Actually I was looking at Nicholsons, which does that annoying thing were the page turning is counter-intuitive. On an open two-page spread, the canal going off the left hand page 148 continues on the forward page 151 rather than the intuitive previous page 147. Grrrr.... !

Ok, just to slow down and breathe a little.

If you look at the video, the body of the missing boat had a burgundy band, then cream coachline, then blue infill.

The closeup pic that was just posted has a whitish band then red coachline then blue infill. Surely adding a red coachline would be problematic while on the run. Paainting a big white band to cover the burgundy...yes, but painting a narrow red coachline...not sure.

Applying a tape coach line would be quick though.