* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

It seems pretty odd to go to all the trouble of painting it and then call it something that stands out-why not "Kingfisher?"

still waiting for confirmation if its theirs or not

But that's what I am saying, the police investigate leads, you don't have to deliver your own criminals for them to act...

Ok yeah maybe sometimes you do, but a call informing them of what, 80k or so potentially stolen goods ready to pick up complete with thief? I'm pretty sure they'd give them a knock and eliminate them or otherwise.

Why is there not a comprehensive list from stenson yet, of the names of similar styled boats they have built? I guess they could have been using up spare maroon paint on rare bears tunnel bands, but this has to be worth further checking.

If this had been one of our builds, every detail of it, and it's similar builds would be out there days ago.

Edited by Ally

It seems pretty odd to go to all the trouble of painting it and then call it something that stands out-why not "Kingfisher?"

But that's what I am saying, the police investigate leads, you don't have to deliver your own criminals for them to act...

Ok yeah maybe sometimes you do, but a call informing them of what, 80k or so potentially stolen goods ready to pick up complete with thief? I'm pretty sure they'd give them a knock and eliminate them or otherwise.

yes but if the owners identify it as theirs then the police can be called, otherwise its another wild goose chase and a waste of police resources surely.

My experience is this is exactly how it works.

(You DO have to supply the crims trussed up like a turkey for any action to occur.)

roasted?

I guess we have already had a few false starts, and this could easily be one.

The least we can get from this strand is eliminating a possible boat. And possibly more

Richard

I may be wrong, but I don't think that going to look at a boat, that may not be the missing one, but maybe only a lookalike, isn't going to be a priority for the police.

That why I said that it would be better if the owners, that will be able to recognise their boat, have a look first, to make sure.

Peter.

I was responding to it being - a good sighting - . If someone reasonably believes it is the boat everyone is looking for then they should phone the police in the first instance.

To argue otherwise is surely suspicious.

I went down there last night and waited nearly 2 hours for the police. Eventually they told me they didn't know when they would be able to send somebody as they were very busy. So i went home about 01:30.

Tried to call the owners whilst i was there but only got answerphone. I would hope the owners set off as soon as they got the message.

I believe the boat has now been found and is in police possesion. Perhaps the owners could confirm?

So 'Rare Bear' Is the stolen boat in disguise??

Well done for going down there BTW.

I went down there last night and waited nearly 2 hours for the police. Eventually they told me they didn't know when they would be able to send somebody as they were very busy. So i went home about 01:30.

Tried to call the owners whilst i was there but only got answerphone. I would hope the owners set off as soon as they got the message.

I believe the boat has now been found and is in police possesion. Perhaps the owners could confirm?

Wow. Top marks for you. Zero marks for the police. I do hope that even if it wasn't the right boat that you are correct and the boat has been found. I'm guessing that if it has the owners might be limited in what they can say for legal reasons.

I'm sure they will update as soon as poss

Once again many thanks for doing your bit. The beers on me when we next meet!

Cheers

Gareth

Well done that man - respect is due!

The Police response is disappointing, but I have to say I am not overly surprised. Obviously this boat is a very high value prized possession to its owners, but the Police probably don't prioritise it any higher than if a high value car is stolen, or a crane or digger taken from a building site.

Very much hoping to hear the boat is found, and that not too much damage has been done to it.

Well done that man - respect is due!

The Police response is disappointing, but I have to say I am not overly surprised. Obviously this boat is a very high value prized possession to its owners, but the Police probably don't prioritise it any higher than if a high value car is stolen, or a crane or digger taken from a building site.

Very much hoping to hear the boat is found, and that not too much damage has been done to it.

Probably even much less than that!

Theft of the other type of stuff you mention is quite often linked to organised crime so they do sometimes take an interest in theft of those types of items but a boat or a caravan or cheapish car won't even remotely pique their interests I would have thought, unless somebody else has done the donkey work from them and they can mark it down as a 'crime solved' (as this case may turn out to be)