* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

Where was this boat sighted? Im going go bclm tomorrow have some work to do if its not far from hhe jurney there or back ill scoot past and take a better photo. We need someone to find it tomorrow cant be hard and get some good photos. You may find now its been abandoned if they were getting assy about a photo and getting weary of a stolen boat if it is the one the would be very agressive if its not the would surly be happy to say no sorry its not this one. + if there not active on here or got in touch with anyone before to say they have one the same do thdy know people are actually looking for it? Or just asking are you looking for the stolen boat to get a reply as to wether people are onto them.

I like the answer i just like the name. Dosnt answer any questions or create any just a simple unrespondable answer except a polite thanks.

If im honest i like boats being photoed.

Can anybody see the picture of this latest sighting well enough to see if......

1) It has the side door between the frontmost 2 windows

2) It has the brass fender eyes let into the hull side

and

3) Where the stern dollies for tying ropes to are, as this seems to vary between boats otherwise of the same genre, (one example has them behinf that back end "shroud", another alongside it.

All these things would take steelwork rather than paint to disguise, so if any of those things fail to match, I think it becomes less likely this is the missing boat.

I know there a long way away but a good sighting like this the owners need to go and look with 2 tied up 1 confermed and seen about 1 us being told there on the way for a trip

The other we know the name.

This leaves 1!

The tunnel bands seam odd there normaly red and white sometimes a blue one.

Paint is the quickest discise

Apart from being the obvious shape, it did strike me as odd that it was moored on the offside, by what I think is now an empty house by the Saracens Head.

Just to expand on the location in case anybody is nearby, The Saracens Head is a pub by bridge 80 in the village of Weston on the Trent and Mersey canal, between Little Hayward and Great Hayward.

Do we have anyone nearby who could at least keep an eye on it for now?

Just to expand on the location in case anybody is nearby, The Saracens Head is a pub by bridge 80 in the village of Weston on the Trent and Mersey canal, between Little Hayward and Great Hayward.

Do we have anyone nearby who could at least keep an eye on it for now?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Saracens+Head,+Stafford+Rd,+Weston,+Stafford+ST18+0HT/@52.8407012,-2.0457043,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x487a729188815a7d:0xe27690755c0872a4!8m2!3d52.8407012!4d-2.0435156

Richard

I have had a mind-numbingly boring night creating copies of cctv for police. No they have not wanted it until a couple days ago and then only for evidence just in case it is found.

check out post 1201 PLEASE

• Greenie 1

i did that at 21.25

Better than no-one doing it!. Have a greenie to share with Theo

Richard

MORE: How embarrassing, on tick then - I'm out of greenies for the day

Edited by RLWP

According to NickandAnne the boat is moored facing south. There is a winding hole about a mile south should they decide they want to turn around, or if they keep going in the morning the junction at Great Hayward is about three miles.

Can anybody see the picture of this latest sighting well enough to see if......

1) It has the side door between the frontmost 2 windows

2) It has the brass fender eyes let into the hull side

and

3) Where the stern dollies for tying ropes to are, as this seems to vary between boats otherwise of the same genre, (one example has them behinf that back end "shroud", another alongside it.

All these things would take steelwork rather than paint to disguise, so if any of those things fail to match, I think it becomes less likely this is the missing boat.

1)Yes

2)Yes

3)See below

From the zoomed photo on the camera.

According to NickandAnne the boat is moored facing south. There is a winding hole about a mile south should they decide they want to turn around, or if they keep going in the morning the junction at Great Hayward is about three miles.

I am sure I said NORTH...

post-25427-0-09557800-1470432482_thumb.jpeg

....it did strike me as odd that it was moored on the offside, by what I think is now an empty house by the Saracens Head.

It was facing north towards Stone.

Yes, that's definitely odd - the offside mooring, that is. It's harder to read a registration number from the other side of the cut, for one thing. Would it be worth ringing the Saracen's Head to let you know if it moves away?

Just for reference, although it's facing north, there's a winding hole after the next lock (Sandon).

Better than no-one doing it!. Have a greenie to share with Theo

Richard

MORE: How embarrassing, on tick then - I'm out of greenies for the day

You can't give me greenies because I am a very important moderator and could be bribed.

It's also less than 2 days travel from where the boat was taken from, so if it were the one those on board must be very significant risk takers!

I did not understand the question.

In 1201 the stolen boat is on the left and new sighting Rare Bear on right

Sorry this is meant to be in response to GoodGurl.

yes, are they the same boat or not?

Ill leave early in the morning ill drive to weaston if i dont see them ill drive to sandon and walk to weston if no one is closer than me but its a bit out the way from bclm though and im coming from mk so its not exactly close but if no one elts can ill do it

• Greenie 1