Watch out for this Biggie...

matty40s

Featured Posts

I have been trying for most of the afternoon to move my house further down the road, with the aid of a 4ft crowbar. I am not making much progress. I don't seem to have this much difficulty moving my narrowboat - what am I doing wrong?

I have been trying for most of the afternoon to move my house further down the road, with the aid of a 4ft crowbar. I am not making much progress. I don't seem to have this much difficulty moving my narrowboat - what am I doing wrong?

No idea - maybe you should employ a professional to do it. Although from memory, you'll need planning permission

I don't have trouble moving my car, bicycle, roller skates or any other means of transport

Richard

No idea - maybe you should employ a professional to do it. Although from memory, you'll need planning permission

I don't have trouble moving my car, bicycle, roller skates or any other means of transport

Richard

I don't think so? I understood that, provided the house doesn't stop moving for more than 14 days, PP was not needed?

Ah now your talking , was one of our other ideas . Still thinking about it ..... especially when the knees and legs ache after a full day locking in the rain . Bunny

Hey now that's what boat builders should do...build narrow boats with pull out sides...so narrow to get through locks on whole system and wide enough with sides pulled out to be able to have a full king size bed and be able to walk all the way around it.

Hey now that's what boat builders should do...build narrow boats with pull out sides...so narrow to get through locks on whole system and wide enough with sides pulled out to be able to have a full king size bed and be able to walk all the way around it.

• Greenie 1

Hey now that's what boat builders should do...build narrow boats with pull out sides...so narrow to get through locks on whole system and wide enough with sides pulled out to be able to have a full king size bed and be able to walk all the way around it.Hey now that's what boat builders should do...build narrow boats with pull out sides...so narrow to get through locks on whole system and wide enough with sides pulled out to be able to have a full king size bed and be able to walk all the way around it.

What would you call it? A semi-wide beam?

Yep a semi wide beam sounds good to me.....just think ....all those on hear who like wbs and not narrow boats would be happy and those who like narrowboats would like them too...so no falling out over ugly fat boats or living in a tube etc...unity on the water. I reckon Peterboat will be getting his sketch pad out later and designing such a craft he likes a challenge.

augusta-hr-ford-motorhome-rv-with-extend

Now that's just being silly - where would I put my roof top garden without it getting blown off in the 50 - 70 mph winds you'd get traveling along the motor ways. And I've never seen one of them with a solid fuel stove, never mind carrying the coal & wood needed to burn in said stove.

But more alarmingly I'm pretty sure they don't come with a pump out option do they?

And I've never seen one of them with a solid fuel stove

9466821_orig.jpg

The "Little Cracker" is an attractive, compact and functional solid fuel heater especially designed for camper vans, caravans, boats and other similar, smaller enclosed environments, from 9 sqm to 80 sqm.

http://www.littlecracker.co.nz/

Richard

Now that's just being silly - where would I put my roof top garden without it getting blown off in the 50 - 70 mph winds you'd get traveling along the motor ways. And I've never seen one of them with a solid fuel stove, never mind carrying the coal & wood needed to burn in said stove.

But more alarmingly I'm pretty sure they don't come with a pump out option do they?

Some of the larger ones do but there's not really the infrastructure in the UK. So most motorhomes have a porta potti or a cassette style loo.

My daughter who lives in the US has a coach type RV It has a gas central heating,solid fuel stove as well, the flush toilets ( 2 off) waste is collected in a 200 US gallon tank ( black water ) the grey water is collected in a similar 2oo gallon tank to empty a 3" hose is connected to the Camp ground or other waste outlet & it drains away. It is based on a Tag axle ex Greyhound long distance coach the type with the raised portion at the the rear, 2 slide outs each side powered by a 520HP ISX15 Cummins pusher unit they tow a trailer with Jet ski's in the summer or Snowmobiles in the winter + an "A" frame to tow the truck.

Edited by X Alan W

My daughter who lives in the US has a coach type RV It has a gas central heating,solid fuel stove as well, the flush toilets ( 2 off) waste is collected in a 200 US gallon tank ( black water ) the grey water is collected in a similar 2oo gallon tank to empty a 3" hose is connected to the Camp ground or other waste outlet & it drains away. It is based on a Tag axle ex Greyhound long distance coach the type with the raised portion at the the rear, 2 slide outs each side powered by a 520HP ISX15 Cummins pusher unit they tow a trailer with Jet ski's in the summer or Snowmobiles in the winter + an "A" frame to tow the truck.

Yes - quite familiar with what you've described above. Friend of mine in Canada has something very similar and we've had some great holidays in it traveling from Canada, down through the States into Mexico.

With that said, not quite sure how I would feel with driving what you've described above through the likes of London, Oxford, Reading all of which I'm quite happy to steer the boat through :)

My view is that driving a motorhome, or even worse, a coach based conversion is no fun at all, so the journey becomes a pain, leaving only the stays at camp sites as pleasurable.

However with a boat the journey and the overnighting is pleasurable.

Latest, state of the art motor home, the very cutting edge. This magnificent and immaculate vehicle is an Austin, ex fire brigade salvage wagon, lovingly converted into a superbly luxurious and comfortable all year round travel home, it just needs a little bit of TLC to restore it to,'' as new condition''.

This vehicle is on our island and was driven across the lock on a pair of RSJ's. A couple lived in it for a number of years, it had a coal stove. They even traveled to India and back in it.post-13905-0-83252000-1467567955_thumb.jpg

• Greenie 2

My view is that driving a motorhome, or even worse, a coach based conversion is no fun at all, so the journey becomes a pain, leaving only the stays at camp sites as pleasurable.

However with a boat the journey and the overnighting is pleasurable.

You might feel otherwise if it was a 12 foot wide widebeam you were boating in!

(Sorry Betty!)