Watch out for this Biggie...

matty40s

Featured Posts

Interesting. I just tried to look at some house prices in Upwell, Norfolk (as per your profile) and RightMove says there is no such place!

No wonder they are cheap... smile.png

It was here last time I looked...

No, the confusion arises from our being postally Cambridgeshire but administratively Norfolk. Until about 1970s the county line ran right along the Old River Nene which bisects the village, so half of it was in Norfolk and t'other half was in Cambs. Now the whole lot is in Norfolk.

The prices I quoted were taken from adverts for property in our nearest major town, Wisbech. Prices here are a little higher.

Yes, much depends on the area. Round here, £100,000 would easily buy you a two-bedroomed house or flat, one-bedroomed flats start around £60,000.

I note that your boat's name is Flo. That interests me, as one of my former boats had the same name, but she was last seen on the Nene.

Regional variations are indeed staggering.

Cheapest one bedroom flat I can quickly turn up in my home town is "Offers over £200,000">

Linky

Staggeringly a 2 bed "park home" is now a cool quarter of a million!

Linky

We have a major new development near to us that was supposed to include "affodable homes", although the smallest are apparently 3 bedroom. These are not premium houses, and are all on very small plots packed in very tightly. I was staggered to find the cheapest are £635,000 and the most expensive in excess of one million!

Linky

I think I would stick with Norfok, if I were you - it seems to be quite a bit cheaper!

Cheapest one bedroom flat I can quickly turn up in my home town is "Offers over £200,000">

Linky

Linky

We have a major new development near to us that was supposed to include "affodable homes", although the smallest are apparently 3 bedroom. These are not premium houses, and are all on very small plots packed in very tightly. I was staggered to find the cheapest are £635,000 and the most expensive in excess of one million!

Linky

I think I would stick with Norfok, if I were you - it seems to be quite a bit cheaper!

And you don't have to travel far to get a huge variation either.

This one is in Saltburn on the coast about 3 miles from where I live.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-58909589.html- £210K

This one has two bedrooms and is half the price and in our village.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42302856.html

£116 K

And you don't have to travel far to get a huge variation either.

This one is in Saltburn on the coast about 3 miles from where I live.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-58909589.html- £210K

This one has two bedrooms and is half the price and in our village.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42302856.html

£116 K

A lot of 'burbs round here are all >£1M.

Linky

Linky

Linky

Alan, before I clicked on any of your links I was already thinking "these prices sound like Berko"

My dad lives down in northchurch but was up on the common until about 2 years ago.

I'll give a serious example of local property price variations. My 3 bed house in Croydon with a long garden is worth maybe £320,000. If you go from here via Wimbledon, Battersea, Pimlico to Chelsea, the price of a similar size house probably doubles at each step, and the garden size shrinks too.