Non EU Diesel

Midnight

Featured Posts

OK so the country has voted to leave does that now mean we boaters will see an end to the stupid EU driven policy of the diesel split charge?

With all the huge problems the UK gov't must face and sort out, you may be surprised but I don't see boating diesel being in the top 100 list.

OK so the country has voted to leave does that now mean we boaters will see an end to the stupid EU driven policy of the diesel split charge?

As other have said - much bigger fish to fry!.

Besides I need them to sort out the E111 health insurance and the PETS travel scheme first...

The current policy is EU law written into UK law. So it will continue to apply, even after we have left the EU until such time as UK lawmakers get around to changing it. And as has been said it won't be high on the list of priorities.

On the other hand any new EU proposals not yet enacted in the UK are going to get no traction unless they have very widespread support here.

Edited by David Mack

On a scale of 1 to 100 rating relative importance, that's about 0.0002,

You are very generous with your rating - almost profligate.

The Government will want to maximise income and what better way than to hit people in the pocked perceived to be spending money on 'leisure' things.

Currently the pound is trading above its feburary level and has bounced right back from this morning , dont believe the scaremongerting its gonna be ok

Where are you getting this information from as that doesn't correlate with what the news outlets are saying.

The OP hasn't asked about other issues, he wants to know about red Diesel.

And the answers he has had are perfectly reasonable.

It will be a low priority and not something that the EU will pay particular attention to given the many more important things that need addressing. A bit of tax on Red Diesel paid or not paid for by a minority group such as boaters will be a long way down the list.

And the answers he has had are perfectly reasonable.

It will be a low priority and not something that the EU will pay particular attention to given the many more important things that need addressing. A bit of tax on Red Diesel paid or not paid for by a minority group such as boaters will be a long way down the list.

Yes of course it will be a low priority, but am I correct in thinking the EU is challenging the UK's position in the courts to try to impose full fuel duty on we boaters. If that is correct last night's decision may mean such an action will be dropped.

Sometime in the distant future will we revert back to a single duty? Even if the price of oil increases long term or the duty imposed is higher than the current domestic rate it will at least remove the stupidity of the declaration.

Where are you getting this information from as that doesn't correlate with what the news outlets are saying.

media scaremongering , check the actual rates online in real time . It did fall alot intially ( from the inflated figure it was at last night when they thought it would be remain ) but has rallied alot and is now stabilised to the level is was a few months ago , we buy alot in dollars and Euros so are more interested in this than most , we are not very worried .

Stop press : Beeb has just said it has rallied as has the stock market which is now about 4% down on yesterdays inflated figure .

Not that it's anything to do with this thread but the current £ to euro rate is 1.23, down 5,3% and the lowest it has been for the last 12 months, although it was at about 1.24 in March. Against the US$ the pound is at about 1.367, 8% down and again the lowest in the last 12 months.

Bit everything is currently very volatile.

Yes of course it will be a low priority, but am I correct in thinking the EU is challenging the UK's position in the courts to try to impose full fuel duty on we boaters. If that is correct last night's decision may mean such an action will be dropped.

Sometime in the distant future will we revert back to a single duty? Even if the price of oil increases long term or the duty imposed is higher than the current domestic rate it will at least remove the stupidity of the declaration.

My understanding is that anything proposed but not yet enacted will be scrapped, I guess for the reasons already stated - they have got other things to sort. So if that is correct the status quo remains. That is how things were explained by one pundit yesterday any way, (though Red Diesel wasn't mentioned specifically.)

Edited by MJG

Not that it's anything to do with this thread but the current £ to euro rate is 1.23, down 5,3% and the lowest it has been for the last 12 months, although it was at about 1.24 in March. Against the US$ the pound is at about 1.367, 8% down and again the lowest in the last 12 months.

Bit everything is currently very volatile.

ha it is up and down like a whore's drawers .. was higher than that not an hour ago . as you say volitile but not surprised given the shock .. I was out but I am still shocked at result

Haven't you studied pump prices over the last few weeks?

Interestingly my heating oil actually dropped 0.5 pence/Lt this month the same price as May and 5 pence higher than the lowest it has been, in the mean time petrol at the pumps has gone up by 13 pence

It stated on one of the News Programs on the radio today that if we give notice to leave then the UK has to decide what its going to do about all the EU directives and whether to drop them or put them into UK law, so I guess it will get picked up there along with the Recreational Craft Directive