Barging Around Britain new series starts tonight.

Flyboy

Featured Posts

Poor reception? I managed to watch it in Canada as my daughter has a phone app called Filmon which can show live UK channels on her big flat screen TV. For me it's on at 1pm, and I have to see it live because watching catch up sites outside the UK is difficult.

It was a nice enough program; I wondered why they were using a line rather than cross straps, but maybe that's because the butty being a conversion makes it low enough in the water for a line to be the right decision?

Poor reception? I managed to watch it in Canada as my daughter has a phone app called Filmon which can show live UK channels on her big flat screen TV. For me it's on at 1pm, and I have to see it live because watching catch up sites outside the UK is difficult.

It was a nice enough program; I wondered why they were using a line rather than cross straps, but maybe that's because the butty being a conversion makes it low enough in the water for a line to be the right decision?

I too wondered about that. There is no doubt a reason.

Within 30 seconds we get a crash and the quote 'It's a contact sport'

Tim

You missed out the following phrase which was "as we are often told". I got the distinct feeling he was taking the mickey out of Tim and Pru. Personally I'd rather watch Sarjent any day than that grumpy old sod West taking it out on his poor long suffering wife for not being able to read his mind.

• Greenie 1

lydfordcastle, on 23 Apr 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

You missed out the following phrase which was "as we are often told". I got the distinct feeling he was taking the mickey out of Tim and Pru. Personally I'd rather watch Sarjent any day than that grumpy old sod West taking it out on his poor long suffering wife for not being able to read his mind.

Remember that Tim and Pru are Actors - they take direction from the director of the series who sets the style of the programmes.

John is a presenter and probably puts his views more forcibly....

Anyway it's only entertainment.....

lydfordcastle, on 23 Apr 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

Remember that Tim and Pru are Actors - they take direction from the director of the series who sets the style of the programmes.

John is a presenter and probably puts his views more forcibly....

Anyway it's only entertainment.....

Whilst Pru is clearly suffering, Tim is pretty ancient and not 100%, and I think that limits his ability to get an urgent idea out in a kindly manner, at times.

Within 30 seconds we get a crash and the quote 'It's a contact sport'

Tim

He did not say it quite like that. He said something like - "they say it is a contact sport" And of course some do say that. I don't like it one bit but it is often said.

ETA - Sorry missed earlier post saying much the same.

Edited by Traveller

Oops, I forgot it today. However I think my granddaughters were wrapped up in Dora the Explorer at 1pm when it was on, and would not have taken kindly to me taking over the TV. Perhaps Dora should do a canal series. Then you'd know what an irritating presenter is really like.