CRT Council nominations open

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

I've had many stating that they have not received the email relating to this. Also the nominations site is not being monitored or updated.

A complaint to the site was answered with "try reloading". After over 20 attempts to nominate a candidate, it was still not showing.

... so the Stephen Jenkin endorsing one of the candidates is not you?

Maybe I should have gone for this again this time after all!(For the avoidance of doubt, I have not).I have no memory of receiving emails with codes in, but it is not impossible that I have - I'll have a proper look later.

The code is not visible, it's a unique url within the email from the electoral reform service.

... so the Stephen Jenkin endorsing one of the candidates is not you?

I rang them and complained on Friday. However, another candidate was unable to get posted on the site yesterday, so the person may well struggle to get the nominations by tomorrow if not added today.

We didn't receive any emails about the elections either although we have a licensed boat in England. I just assumed that they weren't emailed licence holders who lived in Scotland :-)

hjaggis

They would have been emailed to everyone who has a 12 month licence (or a restricted licence) where an email address is held against the licence applicant details.

As I understand it, having your email address registered for other purposes (e.g. to receive marketing information, stoppages, Boaters Update etc) does not mean that you would have been sent the email.

11th September with a reminder on the 7th October.

... and 22 July.

Well I received the e mail but as I have absolutely no idea what, if anything, the current council has done during its time in office I really do not see the need for it. So I will not bother either supporting or voting.

Ken

Isn't that actually just a statement about the total ineffectiveness of the current 4 incumbents, and supporting evidence for why we should try and elect better ones next time?

Still if the candidate list people are referring to ends up being the final one, I'm not sure much choice will enter into it.

I must admit I thought this election would produce quite a few serious candidates - its sounding like that may have been a duff assumption?

They would have been emailed to everyone who has a 12 month licence (or a restricted licence) where an email address is held against the licence applicant details.

We have a 12 month licence and CRT have our email address

Haggis

11th September with a reminder on the 7th October.

Thanks - I don't remember 11th September, but definitely nothing received in October.

Well, as they emailed my licence to me for a 'self-printout' they should certainly have my email address on file.

Thanks - I don't remember 11th September, but definitely nothing received in October.

Well, as they emailed my licence to me for a 'self-printout' they should certainly have my email address on file.

Well you could make a complaint to Head of Governance, Roger Hanbury, as it was he that tinkered with the electoral process to make it online only.

At the very least it will determine if he is still employed by the CaRT.

At the very least it should determine

If it helps anyone locate their email I got mine on the 11th Sep from "Electoral Reform Services" In the email is a link that takes you to a login page with your codes pre-filled in, and then you can nominate or support people.

Exactly the same as john6767.

Nothing since though.

On checking I got two apparently identical emails from Electoral Reform Services, also on the 11th September.

Also nothing before, or since.

We seem to be establishing a pattern that 11th September is the date to look for!

FURTHER EDIT:

So far as I am able to tell, the reason I have two emails (and two logins) is because I am both a boat owner and a CRT volunteer. I think only one of the logins relates to the election for the "Boater" places on Council.

Strangely the Election Reform Services email make no reference to which of the elections each relates to, hence my initial confusion.

Edited by alan_fincher

Isn't that actually just a statement about the total ineffectiveness of the current 4 incumbents, and supporting evidence for why we should try and elect better ones next time?

Still if the candidate list people are referring to ends up being the final one, I'm not sure much choice will enter into it.

I must admit I thought this election would produce quite a few serious candidates - its sounding like that may have been a duff assumption?

The council as I understand it has far more members than just the four IWA members, what if anything have any of them done?

Ken

The council as I understand it has far more members than just the four IWA members, what if anything have any of them done?

Ken

We can't change the rest of Council, but we do have some control over who it is that is supposed to be representing boaters.

It's clearly your choice whether you bother to try and ensure the four chosen are those most likely to represent your views.

I feel that it is more legitimate for me to complain about an outcome, if I have done my best to try and produce a better one, but it is a personal choice.

Just found it and tried it, comes up with an orange screen and page unavailable

Works for me.

"Best" nominee for boater rep appears to be......

Stuart Rae

Election statement:

I nominate Paul Lillie of Pillings Lock Marina as a suitable candidate for e;ection