CRT Council nominations open

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

I'll be going for the tactical vote to keep out Mr.Welch particularly. Whilst some I have discounted, I don't have any actual favourites or nominees that I would strongly get behind.

Vaughan will get in, How many boaters know him via IWA compared with those that know the other contestants.

Edit to add

Plus a lot will agree with his view on CC and London

Edited by ditchcrawler

Vaughn Welch is probably the most experienced candidate and has worked tirelessly for the canals and boaters. One comment of his was pounced on and ridiculed.

One comment?

It was an entire obnoxious article, full of bile and fiction, and is not the only strike against him.

Yes he is an experienced IWA man used, as many of them sadly are, to assuming that BW/CRT will listen to what the IWA want, often to the detriment of the rest of us. Not what we need right now at all, I'm afraid.

As for boating experience, if he still went boating very much over any great distance he would know the words he is spouting are his fantasy, not based on any real personal knowledge of the places he has made massive pronouncements about.

He should have stood in his last term of office down after the furore his comments created, and is in my view easily the worst of the four to put himself up for election again.

He will get in of course, probably with the most overall votes, simply because he has given a massive list of his various offices and affiliations. I can't see how we can stop that, unfortunately. We need boater representatives that will try to unite us and fight for sensible compromise for us all, not those who try to build up the divides between one "faction" and another.

Plus a lot will agree with his view on CC and London

They will be the ones who have actually been to London and found boats at least double and triple breasted all the way from at least the GU main line to the Lee then??? :banghead:

Can't recall the exact ridiculous quote, nor can I be bothered to look for it again, but I hope some people at least get my drift!

Yes, he will expend no great effort on a campaign, and I suspect get re-elected with no bother at all. He probably assumes he will, and, of course, he will.

Andrew (Richard) Phasey stepped down as Commodore this year. He is still organising the Thames tidal cruises, in fact organised a trip round the Tall ships on the Thames last month and is planning the SPCC annual trip down to the Royals for the boat show amongst other cruises. I don't think it took him every long to get his 10 nominations.

The Mr Welch article can be read at http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=53527plus comments. Given the references to IWA I would be very surprised if he didn't top the poll.

I would expect that the CRT email list is as inaccurate as many other email lists administered by largish corporations etc. I guess they were hoping that licence holders would hear about the election and contact ERS directly and decided that it would be too expensive to write to everyone.