New CRT moorings site to launch 14th October.

Featured Posts

CANAL & RIVER TRUST LAUNCHES NEW ‘WATERSIDE MOORING’ WEBSITE

On Wednesday 14th October 2015 the Canal & River Trust is launching a new website for the sale of its long-term moorings. The www.crtmoorings.com website you have previously used will be replaced by the new www.watersidemooring.com website.

Your registered details will not be carried across to the new website so it will be necessary to register again. Please note, once you have registered on the new website you will be able to use the same sign in details for the other Trust websites too. Once you have registered and signed in you can ‘watch’ the mooring sites you are interested in which will trigger email notifications when vacancies arise at the sites.

As well as giving boaters more information about the moorings available, there will now be a fixed-price Buy-It-Now option for a large majority of the Trust’s moorings. In high demand areas there will still be a two-week auction facility for some moorings.

Jenny Whitehall, Head of the Canal & River Trust’s Directly Managed Moorings, said: “The new Waterside Mooring website is packed full of information to help boaters find the perfect spot. We want to make sure people have access to everything they need to decide on a safe haven for their boat, and have introduced a whole host of new features to make the task as exciting and pain-free as possible. It’s a big change from the old site and we hope that boaters will find it much easier to navigate.”

We hope you enjoy using the new website! If you have any feedback please send it to waterside.mooring-enquiries@canalrivertrust.org.uk.

Kind regards,

Siobhan

Siobhan Collins

Mooring Co-ordinator

watersidemoorings.com :lol:

Is that a joke?

How can a mooring be "waterside" it is -on- the water :banghead:

Very odd choice of terminology in my opinion not that it matters really.

Waterside houses I can understand but waterside moorings does not compute :unsure:

I guess it might be a seo thing and CRT beginning to distance themselves from moorings management in the lead up to a privatisation of that part of their operations.

/conspiracy theory mode OFF/

And what about people who want moorings which are not "waterside" ?

CANAL & RIVER TRUST LAUNCHES NEW ‘WATERSIDE MOORING’ WEBSITE
there will now be a fixed-price Buy-It-Now option for a large majority of the Trust’s moorings. In high demand areas there will still be a two-week auction facility for some moorings.

So it looks as if CRT are moving away from the auction model for most moorings. That is a quite a significant change of policy.

So it looks as if CRT are moving away from the auction model for most moorings. That is a quite a significant change of policy.

Unfortunately when they did their "consultation" on this it was front loaded by non-negotiable assumption that auctions should continue to be used.

Despite significant numbers of people with very different agendas believing they should be completely scrapped. CRT made it clear from the outset that was not an option.

The end result seems to be a very untidy amalgam of the old system and the new system, with no particular logic about how "high demand" will be determined, and hence how any particular mooring is sold, (or not sold!).

I may have imagined it, and maybe it is not in the final outcome, but I have a feeling that "being inside the M25" automatically makes it a mooring that would be auctioned even if not all auctions at some sites inside the M25 currently produce a bidder.

In my view another area where CRT claimed they were "consulting", but had already decided much of the outcome before they did.

Interesting to note as of this evening there are NO moorings available on www.crtmoorings.com.

Unless I'm doing my searches wrong.

Apart from the 5 in Albert Dock, Liverpool on the home page I'm getting the same - no auctions or buy it now.

I looked a few days ago and was surprised how few were on offer then, so maybe they have been running the site down in anticipation of the new version.

Interesting to note as of this evening there are NO moorings available on www.crtmoorings.com.

Unless I'm doing my searches wrong.

I think the site goes live on the 14th. All they have done here is to keep the popular moorings out of the reach of those less well off ( who may have previously been able to afford them via the old fixed price waiting list system) by maximising their income - no bad thing some might say.

If moorings had previously not been bid at the reserve price it's difficult to see why they should now sell at the buy it now price unless CRT are going to change their pricing strategy. The one potential advantage of 'buy it now' as opposed to auction is that with the certainty of a mooring it could make it easier I'm told for those eligible for housing benefits to organise a mooring,

Well for me the normal CRT pages still direct you at the old site.

That has a message about the new site, but no obvious link to it.

Any attempt to find a mooring on the old site fails.

It is not immediately obvious from anywhere on obvious CRT pages what the URL is for this new site is, or have I missed it somewhere on them?

www.watersidemooring.com is also giving me "Site locked" with no futher explanation.

CRT really are very good at advance announcing web sites that don't work when they say they should! (Sorry, I'm sounding like Lawrence now!.....)

Looks OK to me, 177 moorings available, all on a nice map, zoom into where you want or just select the waterway you prefer.

Or, select by residential or not, facilities, auction or BIN, or site grade (basic, premium or standard)

yep i can see it now