Breaking News!....

churchward

Featured Posts

We've just returned from a 2 week cruise up to Brum and back, including the Severn, S&W, Stourbridge, Dudley, Old Main Line, W&B and the Stratford.

One paddle was out of action on one of the locks on the Stratford, but otherwise all the gear worked well.

We didn't encounter any rude boaters, speeders, overstayers on VM's, water-point moorers, or any of the other horrors that are supposed to ruin our boating experience.

Happy to oblige mike, I mean what would you have to moan about if I hadn't posted.

Well as it happens, I had GREAT weekend of boating completely spoiled at the end.

You see, by mistake I left half a loaf of really nice bread in the bread bin on the boat instead of bringing it home with me. So in a few days it will be a pile of mould and be wasted. Disaster!

Obviously CRT's fault, the bar stewards...

So your interaction with CRT consists of what exactly?

To be fair kriss, I would hazard a guess that there are loads and loads of boaters who other than paying their yearly license fee have no interaction with CRT from one year to another.

So suggesting that someone shouldn't post based on the amount of interaction they have with CRT is really quite silly IMO.

• Greenie 3

To be fair kriss, I would hazard a guess that there are loads and loads of boaters who other than paying their yearly license fee have no interaction with CRT from one year to another.

So suggesting that someone shouldn't post based on the amount of interaction they have with CRT is really quite silly IMO.

That's certainly about the limit of my experience of them too Bettie. Other than asking for permission to overstay for a week once when my dad was ill. They said no prob, and said they'd tell the local enforcement team they'd given permission for a fortnight. Very helpful of them.

I'll try to get some this week - so far the process is painless but expensive, exacerbated by my simultaneous destruction of a couple of discs in my back.

The 'back thing' sadly I do have experience of !

The new bottom is a thing of mystery and wonder to me.

I would appreciate hearing all about it.

Hope your back is working properly soon.

Rog

PS Should add in light of other posts, your bad back is obviously C&RT's fault :)

Edited by dogless

So the forum being how it is, is my fault is it?

Just the usual stuff really on the phone to report faults/untied boats (after re tying them), routine contact with lock keepers a quick chat with the guys who logged my boat from time to time. Email contact with our moorings manager etc etc.. All pretty normal stuff really. I once had to check we were OK overstaying on a 48 hour visitor moorings because of being hemmed in by flood waters. Well I guess I didn't 'have' to but felt it worth just a call to check.

The thing is I never knowingly took the pee so never ever had an issue I guess.

But not knowing the point of your question (other than knowing you came on CRT's radar for not moving as required to do so) I don't see the relevance of your question.

Well, as far as I can see, every boater interacts with CRT the moment they go on the water. You don't actually have to have a blazing row to be interacting, though that may be a surprise to some... most of us interact by going through locks, waving at CRT workers on the bank or on workboats or just by sitting in the sun peacefuly reading a book on the back of the boat. Occasionally using their taps or pouring nasty stuff down a hole... Hirer's do it, fishermen do it, boaters do it, even smallboys jumping off bridges into the Shroppie do it. I suppose even vandals throwing bikes into it do it too... you certainly don't need to own a boat to interact with CRT.

Do you really want an answer to the first question?

I react with CaRT by walking the B & M Canal and the Monty, and by hiring boats.

Or are you saying that only boat owners should be allowed here?

Do you really want an answer to the first question?

I react with CaRT by walking the B & M Canal and the Monty, and by hiring boats.

Or are you saying that only boat owners should be allowed here?

Nah, he's just having fun trying to derail another rather pleasant thread into something more aggressive. Sometimes I think his boat must be moored under a bridge...

Well as it happens, I had GREAT weekend of boating completely spoiled at the end.

You see, by mistake I left half a loaf of really nice bread in the bread bin on the boat instead of bringing it home with me. So in a few days it will be a pile of mould and be wasted. Disaster!

The ducks will be most appreciative. Their favourite bread colour is blue.

The ducks will be most appreciative. Their favourite bread colour is blue.

Interesting comment. I've never really considered ducks before. Who owns them?

If I want to get a duck of my own, would I need a permanent mooring for it or could it CC? How much is a licence? Do I need a BSS too? Would a duck count as a liveaboard seeing as a duck lives in it?

If I want to get a duck of my own, would I need a permanent mooring for it or could it CC? How much is a licence? Do I need a BSS too? Would a duck count as a liveaboard seeing as a duck lives in it?

Is it not a trifle early in the day to be on pints of Old Stitchripper? I am unsure of the thrust of your questions. I was simply pointing out that your loss would be the ducks' gain, as they will readily eat bread which has gone mouldy.

A BSS? Bird Safety Sertificate?

I was simply pointing out that your loss would be the ducks' gain, as they will readily eat bread which has gone mouldy.

There are campaigns, by those supposedly in a position to know, to encourage folk not to feed bread to ducks cos it's not really good for them. Since eating mouldy bread was how LSD was discovered, this could bring a whole new psychedelic dimension to duck kind! Peace, Drake!

• Greenie 2

There are campaigns, by those supposedly in a position to know, to encourage folk not to feed bread to ducks cos it's not really good for them. Since eating mouldy bread was how LSD was discovered, this could bring a whole new psychedelic dimension to duck kind! Peace, Drake!

Nice one Mr. Dog, have a greeno.

I think that was to do with white bread, not blue (and it may not have been white in the first place anyway).

I believe if you can get your duck to nest, you aren't allowed to disturb it. You can then be a continous moorer until you hatch. If you acquire a coot instead, you could probably be a Continuous Moorhen.

Can you get ducks wot breed repeatedly all year round :lol:Maybe there is a market for cybernetic ducks

In my experience, ducks leave rabbits in the shade when it comes to breeding, the b*ggers are always at it.

Myself, I wondered if Mike had been working in an enclosed space with something volatile. ;)

I believe if you can get your duck to nest, you aren't allowed to disturb it. You can then be a continous moorer until you hatch. If you acquire a coot instead, you could probably be a Continuous Moorhen.

clapping.gif Nicely! Though I think it would be the duck eggs, not you, which hatched.

I wonder if any CWF member is now trying to persuade a duck to nest on his boat...

Umm no might you be thinking of Penicillin?

LSD is at least a partial synthetic compound developed in a lab not on bread.

http://www.psychedelic-library.org/hofmann.htm

Devil's Garden is indeed lovely. Sitting on the front of the boat there now after another lovely day. And as you can see, with internet access too. Clearly the 4G aerial my son persuaded us to fit is working well.

Yes it is we moored there a few days ago.

I now know also that the raised structure in the field with railings around it is where pipes from lake Vyrnwy duck under the river. Should Wales gain independence we know where to severe the pipe!! If you look it says Vyrnwy on the metal drain covers.

Umm no might you be thinking of Penicillin?

LSD is at least a partial synthetic compound developed in a lab not on bread.

http://www.psychedelic-library.org/hofmann.htm

It comes from ergot which is found in mould on rye grains. Which lead to whole towns in the Middle Ages going "mad" I think this is what foxy is referring to. In which case it would have to be rye bread that mike has left mouldering on his boat.

Regards kris