Marine Engine Services - whats really happening

Mrs Tawny Owl

Featured Posts

As a customer of MES for the past five years, I am very sorry to see Peter retire, but we all have to at some point. It's great that the business will continue in new hands, and I wish you both well.

Thanks all, it's a bit daunting, and exciting at the same time

Peter, being Peter, isn't exactly retiring. He's got several other projects on the go that he will continue with. He does, however, get time to go and enjoy his other interests a bit more.

Richard

Congratulations, and the very best of luck with your venture. It takes guts to take on something like this, and the Uxbridge guys will be a hard act to follow. I've never failed to receive a part within 36 hrs of ordering, but the endorsements you have racked up throughout this thread have filled me with confidence in your ability to make it work. Again, best wishes.

• Greenie 1

I would whole heartedly like to endorse Sue and Richards purchase of MES.. The business , stock and knowledge has gone into a safe and secure pair of hands to continue the future supply of Lister Petter parts

Been a long road guys, but tonight I raise a glass to your new venture

and Peter I raise a second to wish you a long and happy retirement from the day to day business my friend... you deserve it.. now you can get on with all the projects that have sat on the back burner smile.png

Chris B

Edited by Chris-B
  • Greenie 1

Thanks Chris, and thanks everyone for your good wishes.

We are really excited, together with a healthy dose of what the hell have we done, but I'm really looking forward to getting started and I'll do my very best to deliver the service you want.

Sue

Uxbridge I have heard of, kenilworth where the hell is that? I know a truck maker called Kenilworth in the USA. I'm guessing sticksville. Should a moved sarf to the business, it's where the dosh is......

Seriously though good luck, and remember Southern customers demand a four hr delivery, not overnight delivery.

But will you still be making curtains?

Yes but not for week or 2! Did you want some?tongue.png

Uxbridge I have heard of, kenilworth where the hell is that? I know a truck maker called Kenilworth in the USA. I'm guessing sticksville. Should a moved sarf to the business, it's where the dosh is......

Seriously though good luck, and remember Southern customers demand a four hr delivery, not overnight delivery.

Kenilworth is just outside Coventry which in turn is near Birmingham, so right in the heart of the country, and in the centre of loads of canals so I think we'll be OK.

And having spent 2 days in London last week, me in Uxbridge and Richard on the Thanes at Richmond made me sure moving the business up is the right decision, not that we ever contemplated anything else.

Sue

Sue

It's worth noting that lister parts are just not needed by boats with lister engines.

The filter in the water trap fitted to our Isuzu 42 equipped boat was a lister part.

Your first line reads a bit strange to me (being a foreigner) I have a feeling that the word "only" should have been between not and needed.

The way you wrote it is for a bad reader like me as if boats with Lister engines just don't need Lister parts.

I'm sure that some Lister nuts and bolts would also fit some other make of engines too.

Peter.

I wondered why MES did not have a stand at the Crick Show this year, as they always have done in the past. Now all is revealed. Congratulations on your bold new venture, and best wishes for its success. You mentioned parts, but will you continue to sell new Lister engines too?

You'd think from listening to some on here that the canals are on their last legs, CRT don't want boats, the world is going to end etc., so it's great to read in the last few days on here of the new Norton Canes venture and now the continuation of MES under Richard and Sue's guidance.

This is something that we should all be pleased about, not just those of us with ancient Listers.

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Tawney Owl.

• Greenie 2

You'd think from listening to some on here that the canals are on their last legs, CRT don't want boats, the world is going to end etc., so it's great to read in the last few days on here of the new Norton Canes venture and now the continuation of MES under Richard and Sue's guidance.

This is something that we should all be pleased about, not just those of us with ancient Listers.

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Tawney Owl.

Well said Junior.

Your first line reads a bit strange to me (being a foreigner) I have a feeling that the word "only" should have been between not and needed.

The way you wrote it is for a bad reader like me as if boats with Lister engines just don't need Lister parts.

I'm sure that some Lister nuts and bolts would also fit some other make of engines too.

Peter.

Correct, it should have read 'not just needed'

the new Norton Canes venture and now the continuation of MES under Richard and Sue's guidance.

It was great to have good news to share with Sarah at Braunston. Both of us are entering into something new

Much like an ex border guard taking on a new fuel boat business I guess

Richard

• Greenie 1

Just to report,

Richard and I with our 2 sons went down to Uxbridge on Sunday, and with Peters help filled 2 enormous vans with all the stock and racking from MES.

Yesterday we unloaded the vans, and now it's all in the new unit, and most of it sorted to where it should be.

I've got the database up and running, so from tomorrow I'm ready to start dispatching orders.

Thanks everyone for their good wishes, we went to Braunston to spread the word about the move, and the feedback from there was good too, so now I just need to get started.

Sue