Have you started your coal fire yet?

DeanS

Featured Posts

Keep putting it off as having a nice trad engine it tends to warm the boat up for the evening...getting chilly in the mornings tho.

I reckon we will have lit it before the end of the week...I did stop at the excellent coal yard in gargrave because I thought this may happen....

Cheers

Gareth

Our diesel heating has fired up several mornings now. It's under automatic temperature control and takes the chill off boat for getting up.

The outside temperature gauge showed 13 C this morning. I'm a softy and love it warm!

Bob

Sitting in the basin at Chester in the full force of the chill wind has prompted Lemontoes to say "I think I'll look for a new chimney before we get home".

No chimney at all means wrapping up warm for now

It is still only August though

I wonder if we've been spoiled by the lovely summer we've had

Sitting in the basin at Chester in the full force of the chill wind has prompted Lemontoes to say "I think I'll look for a new chimney before we get home".

No chimney at all means wrapping up warm for now

It is still only August though

I wonder if we've been spoiled by the lovely summer we've had

Yes, the slightly autumnal feel to the air has prompted me to buy a new chimney and even reseal and paint the stove!

It looks so good I don't want to light it! :)

We are off to Malta at the end of September, we have vowed not to light up until after then.

:)

I like 20c+.

On Vanya I fitted a cold stat in bedroom to switch eberspacher on if temperature dropped too much ,I also put on/off switch so that it was in reach whilst in bed .

Luxury .

No, but I did put a jumper on two nights ago for the evening - shock horror, it's August!

Admittedly, if I did want heating, I'd have to use the gas Alde boiler as I'm currently missing a Flue... soon to be rectified when a new one is fabricated (the old one had serious tin worm!).

I refuse to use the gas heating though, it costs too much!

No fire or heating in the evening its to warm for that, however the eber comes on at 0515 so its warm in the bathroom for my shower at 05.45

Coal was delivered month ago to get summer prices.

Edited by Loddon