Take care when naming your boat

George Kennedy

Featured Posts

When I was a regular on BCN Society working parties we got our first van. Someone bought some stick-on letters and spelt out "Birmingham Canal Navigations Society" in a single line down each side. The van was one with sliding front doors, and what nobody noticed until later is that when the passenger side door was open, it coverd up the letters "Birmingham C"!

That's why we don't keep our boat at Penistone ..... or Cockfosters

We live in Penistone. The River Don is at the bottom of our garden. Would have the boat there, but 12" of water isn't much use for our 57 footer.

Sorry but I've just used the words Penistone and 12" in the same sentence. Bound to be censored now.

In Birmingham I saw Sloak Hunt (think I've got the spelling correct). I reckon I have a decent and liberal sense of humour but to be honest I thought that name was disgusting and can't believe that a fellow human thinks it amusing or clever. Imagine having to explain to a small child how to say that boat's name.