BW Socks

Tim Lewis

Featured Posts

I'm missing something here.

Socks with floral pattern?

But what is the connection with British waterways, exclusive, or otherwise?

Womens-BWaterways.jpg?context=bWFzdGVyOj

Yorkshire-based artisan designer Julie Dodsworth draws inspiration from life on board her cherished narrowboat to create a range of pretty floral prints exclusively for Barbour. The British Waterways capsule applies Julies unique designs to classic jackets and summer staples alike, giving them a charming vintage air that evokes the unique beauty of Britains canals and rivers.

http://www.barbour.com/All-Collections/Womens/Barbour-Lifestyle/British-Waterways/c/womens-barbour-britishwaterways

Edited by David Mack

Ok, I've found the very tenuous connection:

http://www.barbour.com/uk/All-Collections/Womens/Barbour-Lifestyle/British-Waterways/c/womens-barbour-britishwaterways

"Yorkshire-based artisan designer Julie Dodsworth draws inspiration from life on board her cherished narrowboat to create a range of pretty floral prints exclusively for Barbour. The British Waterways capsule applies Julie’s unique designs to classic jackets and summer staples alike, giving them a charming vintage air that evokes the unique beauty of Britain’s canals and rivers."

So, no money going to BW then?!

I bet she doesn't look so well-dressed and unruffled after single handing up Hatton!

MtB

Perhaps not Hatton because she's Yorkshire based, but I'm sure they have lots of locks on the Pennines. Maybe when she wants to move her cherished narrowboat she has a crew to do that, and to make that tea she's holding? All kitted out in free "pretty floral prints" and "classic jackets and summer staples". Or paid for by selling enough expensive socks.

What I wonder is a "British Waterways capsule" ?

Perhaps not Hatton because she's Yorkshire based, but I'm sure they have lots of locks on the Pennines. Maybe when she wants to move her cherished narrowboat she has a crew to do that, and to make that tea she's holding? All kitted out in free "pretty floral prints" and "classic jackets and summer staples". Or paid for by selling enough expensive socks.

What I wonder is a "British Waterways capsule" ?

I wondered that too.

I think it is fashion-speak for a range of products sharing a theme.

Or some sort of lifeboat contraption.

MtB

One of the L&LC Society volunteers knits socks and sells them on board Kennet at events, so if you want proper hand-knitted canal-related socks, you know where to come. The money helps to keep Kennet moving around the L&LC, and she will be open to the public at Burscough this weekend, 21/22 June.

Womens-BWaterways.jpg?context=bWFzdGVyOj

Yorkshire-based artisan designer Julie Dodsworth draws inspiration from life on board her cherished narrowboat to create a range of pretty floral prints exclusively for Barbour. The British Waterways capsule applies Julies unique designs to classic jackets and summer staples alike, giving them a charming vintage air that evokes the unique beauty of Britains canals and rivers.

http://www.barbour.com/All-Collections/Womens/Barbour-Lifestyle/British-Waterways/c/womens-barbour-britishwaterways

HOW DO YOU DO THAT?

No - not design socks - but copy the advert AND put it on the Forum.

Is it significant that they are trying to sell them off at half price? Will they be replaced by C&RT socks? Can I call anything with flowers on "British Waterways"?

Probably not, I would imagine. I'd expect CRT and/or the remnant of BW in Scotland to own the name as a trademark, and that Julie Dodsworth and Barbour would have to pay them something to use the name. If CRT are not already getting a piece of the floral socks action, maybe they should get the lawyers onto it?

Would there be a market for CRT-themed clothing sold at the canal museums? I hasten to add that I am not considering trying to get involved in that...

HOW DO YOU DO THAT?

No - not design socks - but copy the advert AND put it on the Forum.

I didn't copy the whole ad. I just right clicked on the picture at the top, selected the filename from the properties and pasted into the forum image link box, then just copied the text and pasted it straight into my post.