Advice for those that are thinking of living on a boat.

GUMPY

Featured Posts

Get a mahoosive widebeam, with a pump out, an ecofan and a bowthruster, otherwise you simply won't be happy.

You forgot the special bathroom.

Phil

Oi!!

You forgot the roof garden smile.png

You also forgot the hot tub in the bow!

We've got all those things, even with a digitally controlled automatic over and under electronic wine cellar unit - - yet we still yearn for our back to back, two up two down in Oswaldtwistle

We've got all those things, even with a digitally controlled automatic over and under electronic wine cellar unit - - yet we still yearn for our back to back, two up two down in Oswaldtwistle

Ooo what are you like? Pants on fire!

Phil

You don't need a massive widebeam to fit a hot tub. I paid for my daughter's boat with electrical work on a 45' boat which really did have one!

Hot tub = Springer with no air con this week?

:)

Coat...

It is not cheaper than living in a house

It is not greener than living in a house

It is not easier than living in a house

This is what boat folk wants u to believe but in fact is so much cheaper then living in a house !

I've said it a few times in the past, and for me, it IS DEFINITELY cheaper living & cruising aboard, than me being in a house.

However, It becomes much more expensive for me when living & NOT cruising.

EG Total expenditure whilst cruising over a '14mth' period around £7500. (approx £535 PCM).

Last year Total expenditure whilst NOT cruising over a '12mth' period around £13,500 (approx £1,125 PCM) And I have a lot more Trappings & Financial Commitments as well.

So yep, Cheaper aboard, and Cruising every time. & in my 27ish year.

But you have to have the boat and set up to make the lifestyle work,, & That is what can cost the money.

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2
  • Greenie 2

I've said it a few times in the past, and for me, it IS DEFINITELY cheaper living & cruising aboard, than me being in a house.

However, It becomes much more expensive for me when living & NOT cruising.

EG Total expenditure whilst cruising over a '14mth' period around £7500. (approx £535 PCM).

Last year Total expenditure whilst NOT cruising over a '12mth' period around £13,500 (approx £1,125 PCM) And I have a lot more Trappings & Financial Commitments as well.

So yep, Cheaper aboard, and Cruising every time. & in my 27ish year.

But you have to have the boat and set up to make the lifestyle work,, & That is what can cost the money.

Try having a boat and a house.

Thats when it gets expensive rolleyes.gif

£535 a month that's way over what I would pay for the cottage if I was there full time including council tax.

Actual figures for 3day week

Council tax £110

Gas elec £31

Wood for winter £20

Water £10

Extrapolated for 7 days

Council tax 110

Gas / elec 70

Wood for winter £50

Water £30

Edited by Loddon