Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

Paying out the £180000 i guess..

They must be bonkers..

Nice of them to pay us for long standing dispute with us two vile old closet case who have missed the boat codgers though!

Thing is the damage is done ..Who would trust P.L , as the acting Managing Dictator and moor there ever again..

Those with rose coloured sight glasses and totally taken in by his bull **** from what was posted earlier.

All in all i am pleased for the innocent moorers who were my friends and neighbours...

Those people who i am not allowed to contact for 5 years..Sorry 4 1/2 years now with the threat of damaging PLM business matters(lololol) or whatever they are this week should someone claim money or have a legal dispute..

Opps. Posted too soon ......

I think you must be one of the 2 boaters PL ranted about in his FB message, if so you would know more about his dealings then us.

Hope you are happier where you now moor.

Not at all..I'm not retired and do not have all day to spend in a pub or be contributing to this thread..lol

I'm just anxious to the misfortune of my former leasehold and conventional moorers..

That's not quite true ..I am being optimistic that PL will get his comeuppance and be sacked..I mean placed in a sack with an anchor attached and thrown into the deepest part of the marina basin!

Well looks like NBW are on the ball again!

http://www.narrowboatworld.com/index.php/news-flash/6550-new-company-for-pillings

Doesn't look like they have got all the info from here hardly at all……...

Cheers

Gareth

This paragraph illustrates everything that's wrong with NBW:

No sympathy

It is very difficult to have much sympathy with CaRT or with the owners of Pillings Lock Marina in this matter because they have allowed the dispute to drag on for years and years. Any sympathy should go to the boaters faced with uncertainty, whilst they are used as a legal football. The intransigence of the two parties appears to make a early settlement unlikely with the very real prospect of CaRT blocking the marina entrance.

It claims to be a news site, yet its news stories also contain a load of opinion, apparently telling readers who to have sympathy with.

I can't help thinking that Allan Richards would also have criticised CRT if they'd acted quickly. In my view, requiring a bill to be paid -- and paid in full -- isn't intransigence. The fee is a fixed amount, agreed in advance, not a figure which can be negotiated to a settlement. Would he have accused the electricity company, or the gas firm, or the local council, of intransigence when they insisted that their bills were paid?

Also playing Devil's advocate, how do you all think you would act under the stress of knowing that the £4,000,000 business investment that you preside over, and have given 5 or 6 years of your life to developing has slowly gone down the pan.

IMO, anyone that thinks bankruptsy was the plan from the outset needs their head read.

Thank you Loubyscooby..Yes i am so pleased to have a quality life now..

Shame that 5 + years ago i invested £28000 on a 30 lease at PLM thinking i was getting the same only to be misled

Still could have been worse..Could have been a relation to the Managing Dictator or a director there only to be evicted from my on site home and swindled out of my lifetime assets!!

steadmans baled him out in the past when he couldn't pay his bills, but it will be interesting to see what approach they adopt this time,especially now that any goodwill has disappeared.Still pondering as to why he is now the only listed director.............hmm...

Also playing Devil's advocate, how do you all think you would act under the stress of knowing that the £4,000,000 business investment that you preside over, and have given 5 or 6 years of your life to developing has slowly gone down the pan.

IMO, anyone that thinks bankruptsy was the plan from the outset needs their head read.

It hasn't. By using two limited companies he's firewalled himself off from any personal loss.

As others have said, he'll declare the company bankrupt, start a new company with a figurehead and take over the assets. Losses written off and he gets to carry on pocketing the mooring fees and not paying the dues to CART.

The way the three businesses were set up makes complete financial sense, in case of failure of the Marina, but do you honestly think they wanted or expected to use bankruptsy and rebirth as a plan!!!

It may be down to inept management, but I refuse to believe any man would deliberately plan to be a failure.

Alastair ,as explained to the judge when we took him through the small claims track involving a 2 year conflict over illegally overcharging electricity at meter he told the the judge"" PLM is my baby"!!

I /we genuinely feel that his new breed of Marina is not a con ..Its just he is a total TWAT..

He cannot show any integrity or conscience towards his customers merely sales blurb,no business sense or customer realations at all..Unless you include lots a flanneli n that sense

• Greenie 1

The way the three businesses were set up makes complete financial sense, in case of failure of the Marina, but do you honestly think they wanted or expected to use bankruptsy and rebirth as a plan!!!

It may be down to inept management, but I refuse to believe any man would deliberately plan to be a failure.

In what way is it a failure from his point of view?

He has collected the mooring fees, and paid what he owes to his other company, in preference to paying what he owes to an outside body.

That sounds like a resounding success in terms of looking after number 1

I am not helping much but as I see this it is a direct result of UK company Law that seems to require directors to maximize the return to the shareholders with little thought to the future and a legal system that is set up to protect scoundrels. If fraud on the moorers has taken place I just do not see how the said individual can be allowed to be a director of a company for a number of years. I also feel it should be illegal for liquidators to sell any assets to a company with any directors who were involved with the failed company.

Still the person in question can sleep in peace there is no chance ANY of the politicos would ever make legislation to that effect.

Given my way the directors would be required to conduct the company in the bets interest of the shareholders, the customers, the employees, and the country with any of throe groups being able to take them to court. Might stop the shorttermism so beloved of accountants.

Ok, so he's saved his shirt, but does nobody think that deep inside, no matter how much bluster he covers it with, he'd be less of a man.

Read the man's facebook post. If nothing else he is a total narcissist and incapable of any kind of self-examination or introspect.

Am I the only one on here getting the impression that mr lillie is an odorous, conman twonk.

What are the Steadmans (whoever they are) doing to protect their investments.

As i expect the Steadmans own the site freehold they cannot lose..MsLilie is the M.D of all three companies (or is it 2 now)..not the owner..From research i / we have found he only has 8% control

The Steadmans could just sell up the site which i think will happen once all this problem bought on by PL is sorted..They are multi million pound material not fools like the MD.

Once the moorers are secure they will sell up no doubt at a profit ..In the right hands PLM could be a goldmine..Just look at Mercia Marina!

What i cannot grasp yet is mP.lillie's fate..

Read the man's facebook post. If nothing else he is a total narcissist and incapable of any kind of self-examination or introspect.

Maybe he is now ...... pressure can do strange things to nice people (I'm not saying he was nice to start with).

All I suggest is that posters who know absolutely nothing about the true situation should think before they jump in with a knife to the back.

So far I have seen a few post by people who are directly involved, some with obvious axes to grind are very negative, but not all.

Some of the posts could also be seen as the pathetic blusterings of a drowning man.

I don't see any particular reason to think bankruptcy was the plan from the start. PLM's 'official' reasoning (as I understand it) does make sense in its own terms: "BW assured us we'd have 100% occupancy, so we based our business plan around 100% occupancy and agreed to pay the NAA fee based on 100% occupancy, but we haven't achieved 100% occupancy, so we're not paying the fee". It could be that darker, hidden motives are at work, but it could be that things are just as they appear to be: i.e. a company that feels it was misled by a supplier has dug its heels over what it sees as an unreasonable demand for payment from that supplier.

(Note: I'm not suggesting that PLM's expressed opinions are correct or justified, simply that they do make sense of their behaviour without the need to ascribe any hidden motives. It looks pretty clear to me that their opinions are not justified, in fact, since there's no plausible basis to their apparent view that the CRT have to 'earn' their NAA fee by ensuring that all of PLM's berths are occupied.)

I'm not convinced pillingsmoorer isn't just that. There are several happy Moorers there, and they will likely have heard about the thread from others, so I wouldn't be surprised to see new members from there joining in. His style, to me, doesn't ring the same as Pillings or Neptune....IMO.

thank you - I am just that!!

I don't see any particular reason to think bankruptcy was the plan from the start. PLM's 'official' reasoning (as I understand it) does make sense in its own terms: "BW assured us we'd have 100% occupancy, so we based our business plan around 100% occupancy and agreed to pay the NAA fee based on 100% occupancy, but we haven't achieved 100% occupancy, so we're not paying the fee". It could be that darker, hidden motives are at work, but it could be that things are just as they appear to be: i.e. a company that feels it was misled by a supplier has dug its heels over what it sees as an unreasonable demand for payment from that supplier.

(Note: I'm not suggesting that PLM's expressed opinions are correct or justified, simply that they do make sense of their behaviour without the need to ascribe any hidden motives. It looks pretty clear to me that their opinions are not justified, in fact, since there's no plausible basis to their apparent view that the CRT have to 'earn' their NAA fee by ensuring that all of PLM's berths are occupied.)

But if you read the document linked to earlier, it doesn't assure them of 100% occupancy. It just says that is what the aim is. And as has been said already, no rental business who wants to make a profit ever works on 100%, even a 75% occupancy figure is risky. The people at fault here are totally PLM because they used a very stupid and very inaccurate business model.