BCN Challenge 2014 - 24 & 25th May

junior

Featured Posts

What speed did Indigo Dream make on the Daw End stretch to get 40 mins ahead of us and meet us coming back down from Anglesey? Or do I need to whip my steerer harder?

Heaven (for this weekend) is sitting on the roof with a cider in the SUNSHINE!!!@

Aston flight difficult., very low, two najor groundings. Wedged in second lock up, something preventing gate opening. Needed to flush out backwards - worked like a charm....

Now going up Farmers' Bridge after lengthy break for lunch due to crew mutiny/lethargy. We enjoyed the sunshine ....

Aston flight difficult., very low, two najor groundings. Wedged in second lock up, something preventing gate opening. Needed to flush out backwards - worked like a charm....

Now going up Farmers' Bridge after lengthy break for lunch due to crew mutiny/lethargy. We enjoyed the sunshine ....

What speed did Indigo Dream make on the Daw End stretch to get 40 mins ahead of us and meet us coming back down from Anglesey? Or do I need to whip my steerer harder?

Heaven (for this weekend) is sitting on the roof with a cider in the SUNSHINE!!!@

Whip your lock crew harder! We gain on people in locks, get left behind a bit when no locks

Everyone is going faster than us! D&D overtook, now another one is bearing down from behind. Ah well, the tribulations of having a proper, deep drafted boat.

Score so far......

Hudsons overtaken - 1

Hudsons successfully pulled off the shallows - 1

...although I did have to go into reverse to let you past... Tow was much appreciated though.

Everyone is going faster than us! D&D overtook, now another one is bearing down from behind. Ah well, the tribulations of having a proper, deep drafted boat.

...although I did have to go into reverse to let you past... Tow was much appreciated though.

We are coming to get you....

20140524_181404_zpstxom7ebg.jpg

Convenient weed hatch trip on the cannock extension by the winding hole puts us back in front of Beau who went to the end.

Indigo Dreams finds that you can't reverse into that winding hole.....its about 8" deep!!

Team Beau takes it to the EXTREME!!

Hmmm shall we overtake Albion for the third time? Nah, let them pick up the W&E mattresses!

Team Beau takes it to the EXTREME!!

Hmmm shall we overtake Albion for the third time? Nah, let them pick up the W&E mattresses!

Fighting talk!!!

It's a marathon not a sprint......

(We are going to deploy the mattress soon)

• Greenie 1

Moored for night at the NIA. Starry needs to catch up on technology and Katie and I need beeer.

Score so far miniscule but a good day nonetheless. Katie is learning to steer tomorrow as she's mastered locking like a champion. My knee is knackered and the tunnel light awol. Off to cook chicken and chorizo casserole.

We all have beeer ....

Edited by wrigglefingers

Major thunderstorm forming over Birmingham, it could get nasty soon.

Yeah I got it canopy down n in shorts wet crew on carpe vinum anyone mooring by nia tonight

Edited by Kustomcut