Knights Narrowboats Middlewich...any knowledge?

Shockabilly

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

LouLou, You might well be an enthusiastic newbie that wants to sing the praises of the company that is going to build your new boat.

But I fear that the forum cynics may question the motivation of a new poster who joins the forum and immediately posts what could look like advertising.

And I thought it was only me who thought that

11 minutes ago, sueanddaren said:

Thankyou but that doesn't really help as there is no information as to who Knights Narrowboats are.

12 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

Thankyou but that doesn't really help as there is no information as to who Knights Narrowboats are.

There is no company registration number details, NO VAT nu,mber etc etc, and the only company of this name registered with Companies house voluntarily requested to be stuck-off (closed down).

Maybe they are a Phoenix company (not unusual in the canal world), maybe they are not a registered company, maybe as Aqueduct are their exclusive distributor it is actually an Aqueduct 'brand' and they are simply paying a welder / fabricator a salary to make the boats for them.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

18 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

Having now posted the exact same text twice, colour me suspicious 🤔

It's possible that the poster didn't realise new posters require approval - pressed "submit reply" - nothing (appeared to) happen, so they posted again six minutes later. Even experienced posters have been known to press "submit reply" a second time when a bad network connection means they didn't see their first reply...

54 minutes ago, 1st ade said:

It's possible that the poster didn't realise new posters require approval - pressed "submit reply" - nothing (appeared to) happen, so they posted again six minutes later. Even experienced posters have been known to press "submit reply" a second time when a bad network connection means they didn't see their first reply...

First posted Friday @ 11.42, second identical post made today after 2 pm. If you are correct, then I can not conceive the Mods would have taken two days to approve.

Incidently, experienced posters may post twice because there is something odd with the forum software. I think that if you post from a quote on a previous page, the forum correctly puts it at the end of the last page but sometimes just shows submit reply on your posting window. Once you get wise to it, you can start another instance of the form and check it was actually published, before you click submit again.

4 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

First posted Friday @ 11.42, second identical post made today after 2 pm. If you are correct, then I can not conceive the Mods would have taken two days to approve

My mistake - put a black mark in my book - I saw the second and third posts but not the first...