Have you been boating today?

DeanS

Featured Posts

Did anyone else do any cruising this week?

Tell us where you're at :)

I'm moored on the Bridgewater, in peace and quiet...and tomorrow we fetch a butty project to begin more boat work. At the same time, I'm getting my widebeam finished for it's BSC soon.

Is the cruising season still on????

Did anyone else do any cruising this week?

Tell us where you're at :)

I'm moored on the Bridgewater, in peace and quiet...and tomorrow we fetch a butty project to begin more boat work. At the same time, I'm getting my widebeam finished for it's BSC soon.

Is the cruising season still on????

Very much so.

We'll be boating next week, though it is to get the boat in for blacking at Staniland at Thorne After that who knows?

We'll see where the mood takes us.

Left New Islington on Monday, arrived Todmorden yesterday. 20miles and 58 locks. Followed swiftly by several pints in the excellent and cheap 'Polished Knob' in the centre of town. Moving on tomorrow having fixed my bilge pump.

Cruising season only stops when I get locked into the moorings due to floods or the ice comes....

Not on the boat today but will be by Saturday. I shall be off to the Langollen Railway on Sunday (by car) so that will be fun.

Of course cruising season is still on does it actually stop?

In my case we don't go anywhere much from end June to beginning of September but other than that we cruise anytime the canal is not too icey and we can move.

Don't rub it in Dean!

Original plans had us firmly boating several days in each direction to and from the South East Banter at Hanwell.

Circumstances have prevented going by boat.

Gutted, and envious of those who are currently boating!

I'm supposed to be back in the marina 1Nov. I'm beginning to think...erm....maybe not...lol. If the ice isn't here by then, I'm not stopping cruising :) I would give my right....**** to be able to tie up on a towpath while it's snowing.

Down the Birmingham & Fazeley last week to Middleton Lakes, back up to Huddlesford for the Rally last weekend, up to Fradley yesterday for water back down the Kings Orchard and now at Fazeley. Next week down to the North Oxford and GU................still a few boats around but the mornings and nights are closing in but hey still lovely cruising weather.

We're two weeks into an autumn cruise. We began at Kings Bromley then to Birmingham centre, B'ham and Worcs Canal, Droitwich Canal(s), River Severn to Tewkesbury then north up the River Avon. Currently moored in Stratford on Avon for a few days then heading up the Stratford Canal towards Brum and haven't decided where to afterwards but we need to be back by end of October.

We had planned on carrying on down the Severn to Gloucester and then Sharpness but Gloucester Lock gate was closed due to becoming jammed after the high tide.(and still is I think) so nice as Tewkesbury was we decided 4 days waiting there was enough and abandoned our plans.

Since we bought the boat in January and moved aboard in April this is the first big outing on it as the wife couldn't retire until earlier this month, although we did manage a fortnight in August on the T&M and Caldon.

Short cruise today , to move to somewhere where the solar panels get a bit more oomphh away from the trees.

.....and don't let Junior tell you he doesn't know how to move his boat....he reversed 1/2 a mile today with no correction needed.

wowwwww