Overheard at Alvecote historic boat gathering......

frangar

Featured Posts

By the commentator for the boat parade.....

"Cycling & Running Trust"

Well it made me smile!!

Cheers

Gareth

smiley_offtopic.gif

I have just recognised your boat as the one moored about two boat lengths ahead of us!

It was said tongue in cheek I hasten to add......but it seems so apt I think it should be adopted.

Cheers

Gareth

This was the same commentator as the one saying "if you have not provided details of your historic boat, it will get announced as a 40 foot Springer".

Or memorably last year as we approached the turning point with "Sickle"

"This boat has already been shortened to 40 feet, and yesterday its current owner had a serious attempt at shortening it some more!" (or something like that).

Cycling & Running Trust is mentioned today in three posts on this forum so the phrase is catching on fast.

What % contribution is it estimated that they make?

Sad about the fishing folk not being included - next one I catch will have to go back in.

Cycling & Running Trust is mentioned today in three posts on this forum so the phrase is catching on fast.

What % contribution is it estimated that they make?

Sad about the fishing folk not being included - next one I catch will have to go back in.

Surely you can include fishing

F***ing Cycling & Running Trust .....................

• Greenie 1

It was said tongue in cheek I hasten to add......but it seems so apt I think it should be adopted.

Its certainly no worse than the commentator at Braunston suggesting that the WYBS (who that year where boating around with my kitcar on the deck) liked fast cars, fast women, but slow boats.

I largely support the work of CRT/C&RT/CaRT but do think that both the chosen name/acronym, and the fact they changed it at all rather than becoming the British Waterways (BW) Trust is somewhat a failure.

Daniel

You have the prize. I'd give you one of those greenie things but I never did understand what they are, what they are for or how to award one.

To the bottom right hand of the posting is grey/green rectangle with a zero/higher number in it. If you approve of the a post you can click on it (I can't cos I,m a mod) and the number has 1 added to it.

HTH

Nick

To the bottom right hand of the posting is grey/green rectangle with a zero/higher number in it. If you approve of the a post you can click on it (I can't cos I,m a mod) and the number has 1 added to it.

HTH

Nick

Oh - isn't that a bit Facebookish? Can you "UnGreenie"?