Braunston Historic Boat Rally This Weekend (29th & 30th June)

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

I've got a whole load of photos but no way of getting them off the camera until we get home on Wednesday.

It was great to meet all those i said hello to and it was an excellent weekend all round smile.png

Even managed to blag a ride during one of the parades but feel short changed as we didn't get held up and made it all the way round the route in about an hour wink.png

Thats the fun part (getting stopped for a little while )gives chance for a natter & banter with all around you. around the route in an hour thats one for the record books

Sat just above Radford Bottom Lock at the moment, amongst others Perch, President and Kildare have gone past. I find it is actually more interesting watching ex working boats going past here than at the Braunstone Show. They seem more in their natural element somehow.

I do like Lampreys cabin varnish

Richard

Horror of horrors a shiney working boat.smile.png

Are you sure you were still at the Braunston show?!?

I was going to suggest we went round again! ;)

It was the Sunday afternoon parade and we were the first through the marina. More or less everybody else went up to the turn first.

I think it was Badger who actually stopped off at the Boathouse for a pint on the parade to lengthen it a bit!

These certainly don't compete with Tim's, but here are a few more.....

Link to public Facebook album

You don't have to be a Facebook user to see these albums.

I'm not a Facebookie. I get:

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

I'm not a Facebookie. I get:

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

How strange..... A similar approach has worked before. with "non Facebookies" confirming they could see an album.

A bit out of ideas on this one, as I can't find any obvious permissions I can change.

Absolutely my last video, a 14 minute compilation of all the boats I only had one clip of, incl. Thea, Cassiopoea, Callisto, Ariel, Columbia,Nutfield, Corona, Sky;ark, Pather, Auriga, and Purton to name but a few.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exZ1xsWOlJc

Thanks very much for all those video's. Couldn't make it this year so it was very enjoyable to sit at home and watch the antics - looked like it was a bit better organised (or possibly too well organised) this year. I remember. I think two or three years ago, when the first parade on the Saturday lasted all day!

Yes, it is that time again.

Usually the biggest "historic boat fest" of the whole year, although I have no idea about actual numbers expected this year.

Details here.

Not sure exactly which, but a lot of forum member connected boats already present or on their way, I think, including (I believe!)....

Arial

Chertsey

France

Lamprey (?)

Linnet

Owl

Python

Reginald

Sickle

and I'm sure lots I have forgotten, or don't know about.

Unless historic boats fail to move you in any way at all, this is usually the one not to miss.

Please come and say "hello" if you do visit.

we think it was 87 working boats as i am part of the parade team

we think it was 87 working boats as i am part of the parade team

It's John, isn't it? (I hope I'm right! blush.png )

Welcome!

I didn't count, but that sounds about right.

I thought it was a good number - what did the organisers think?

Also

I notice "Ian M" (I think!) has just put a lot of good photos of the boats on Flickr - I'm hoping he will post a link to them from this thread......

Following Owl and Chertsey south, they had a good time I understand

I have certainly seen some people reporting it as the best Braunston they have attended.

I don't think we would disagree, but as owners we are novices, it only being our third "with boat".

I just wish someone could persuade the organisers that the over-amplified music in the beer tent in the evenings is not to the taste of many. Making a pilgrimage by boat to another location to avoid it is starting to become as much part of the event for us, as the parades themselves!

Excellent photos - though I would say that with THREE of Sickle in there.

Also good for a "spot the forum member" competition - loads of them in there - whole boatoads sometimes!

I love this one of our "Odin" looking contented, (despite the melodeon player!), at his first ever major event.......

9199790205_7680778fc6_o.jpg