Fair Warning!! Camouflage Boat on Trent & Mersey

tillergirl

Featured Posts

What's with the decoy Santa Claus?

It's actually a life belt on a stand, I used to regularly walk there with Dennis.

Edited by The Dog House

What's with the decoy Santa Claus?

PMSL the camo works really well in that pic, worthy of any Pz Tiger ambush

Hi all I am a new member so you may not believe what I am about to tell - but it is fact. I have a cabin cruser (1st boat ever!!) currently not working, the Camo boat saw us and asked if we wanted to sell - offered cash and their little cruiser. We said no but knew of someone who did have a cruiser for sale - a very neglected one (boat name 'My Way'). They BOUGHT it - were given key and safety cert. However I have since been told that unknown by the owner/seller someone else has claimed the boat, as i say I'm new to all this but apparently if a boat is unlicenced anyone can go to BWW and claim it??

Now this boat claimer is saying the Camo Boat has stolen their boat - which I supose if they had leagally claimed it they would believe this - but for the sake of fair play, despite the Camo Boat crew obviously living their own way (drugs, alcohol) and looking a little scary, they paid and did all deals appropriatly on this occation and I think it is only right for this to be said.

So, we now know what the defence would be if the job ever gets to court, and of course they would win, as the CPS wouldn't get that info till the day of the trial, if indeed the CPS could be bothered to bring such a trivial, 'not in the public interest' case to trial in the first place.

I'm new to all this but apparently if a boat is unlicenced anyone can go to BWW and claim it??

I suppose if the unlicenced boat had been removed from the water by CRT or empounded, the boat may be subject to scrap sale or selling off if not recovered by the 'owner' at some point. Don't think it's a simple matter of just seeing a boat, without a licence. If a boat has been abandoned and an owner can not be found by CRT, then, there is probably some process that can be followed to buy it.

About just claiming. I've got a bill of sale and all the correspondence. If my boat was unlicenced and on the cut, it certainly would not be easy for anyone to slap a claim on it.

Deciding a boat is licenced, or not, is not reliant on wether a licence is visibly displayed. So, it might help if a section note had been Ty wrapped to a tiller.

May be claim is the wrong word, but showing an interest would be the first approach to CRT., if the boat was on CRT property, ie, the canal, for instance.

Edited by Higgs

I have been watching this thread with interest as I don't like the idea of n'eer do wells knocking about but isn't this the sort of thing that canalwatch was set up for ? though looking at the website it doesn't look like it has been updated for some time, we have also seen PCSOs cycling the towpath between Shardlow & Willington and I am sure they would be interested to know about this sort of thing even if just for intelligence purposes.

http://www.canalwatch.org.uk/

Matt

I suppose if the unlicenced boat had been removed from the water by CRT or empounded, the boat may be subject to scrap sale or selling off if not recovered by the 'owner' at some point. Don't think it's a simple matter of just seeing a boat, without a licence. If a boat has been abandoned and an owner can not be found by CRT, then, there is probably some process that can be followed to buy it.

About just claiming. I've got a bill of sale and all the correspondence. If my boat was unlicenced and on the cut, it certainly would not be easy for anyone to slap a claim on it.

Deciding a boat is licenced, or not, is not reliant on wether a licence is visibly displayed. So, it might help if a section note had been Ty wrapped to a tiller.

May be claim is the wrong word, but showing an interest would be the first approach to CRT., if the boat was on CRT property, ie, the canal, for instance.

Thanks for info, boat was on canal without current licence. What I think may have happened was that the people saying it has been stolen had probably contacted CRT but the process had not been finalized - there were no notices on boat. I think this may be why they can't give a crime ref number, as no crime has been committed - they just feel agreeved that the boat was sold prior to their gaining it.

Thanks for info, boat was on canal without current licence. What I think may have happened was that the people saying it has been stolen had probably contacted CRT but the process had not been finalized - there were no notices on boat. I think this may be why they can't give a crime ref number, as no crime has been committed - they just feel agreeved that the boat was sold prior to their gaining it.

Uhuh!

So there would appear to be "possible" complications with the transaction?

What a surprise

Hi all I am a new member so you may not believe what I am about to tell - but it is fact. I have a cabin cruser (1st boat ever!!) currently not working, the Camo boat saw us and asked if we wanted to sell - offered cash and their little cruiser. We said no but knew of someone who did have a cruiser for sale - a very neglected one (boat name 'My Way'). They BOUGHT it - were given key and safety cert. However I have since been told that unknown by the owner/seller someone else has claimed the boat, as i say I'm new to all this but apparently if a boat is unlicenced anyone can go to BWW and claim it??

Now this boat claimer is saying the Camo Boat has stolen their boat - which I supose if they had leagally claimed it they would believe this - but for the sake of fair play, despite the Camo Boat crew obviously living their own way (drugs, alcohol) and looking a little scary, they paid and did all deals appropriatly on this occation and I think it is only right for this to be said.

Well, apart from the fact that it is complete crap to suggest that unlicenced boats are fair game for anybody to claim...

To out other new poster, this alternate view is EXACTLY why people here don't take reports of "stolen" boats seriously without a crime number.

All too often it turns out that the theft is actually an ownership dispute.

To out other new poster, this alternate view is EXACTLY why people here don't take reports of "stolen" boats seriously without a crime number.

All too often it turns out that the theft is actually an ownership dispute.

Cue deafening silence from "Far Canal"!

I've been away so not following the forum too closely.

Last Thursday we passed a moored boat somewhere near Hopwas and a very polite gentleman came out and asked us if we'd seen a camouflaged boat towing a cruiser as it had been reported stolen.

What have you guys been up to?

(Or did the guy on the boat misread this thread, what with everyone keeping an eye out for the camo boat?)

I've been away so not following the forum too closely.

Last Thursday we passed a moored boat somewhere near Hopwas and a very polite gentleman came out and asked us if we'd seen a camouflaged boat towing a cruiser as it had been reported stolen.

What have you guys been up to?

(Or did the guy on the boat misread this thread, what with everyone keeping an eye out for the camo boat?)

Post #289 sums up the 'stolen' cruiser bit of this thread quite well.