Final News on New Mills

kiki

Featured Posts

Yesterday the Much Beloved got an email from C&RT after contacting them re: lack of electric cards, the loss of the gate lock and the general concern of the boaters. They have come back and said that they are busy sorting out the details of taking over the moorings, and as they stand nothing will change as far as our moorings are concerned and the costs will also remain the same. They have no plans to sell up or sell the lease on so we can breath a sigh of relief for now, at least we are keeping our homes, electric cards are on the way and the utilties are being connected in C&RT name.

So here's holding thumbs for a bright future for this lovely little marina. It should never have got into the state it is in, but we have all tried our best to keep it looking neat while we have had no landlord so at least we know know what is going on.

Just thought you might like to know.

• Greenie 2

That is good news although personally I would rather CRT withdraw from being a marina owner.

I agree with this. CART are a supposed charity and to me owning marinas just doesnt seem right.

Tim

I agree with this. CART are a supposed charity and to me owning marinas just doesnt seem right.

Tim

The way I read it, they always owned the marina but leased it to someone who wasn't able to run it as a successful business... they are going to run it for now - maybe they will pass it on to their marina subsidiary (BWML) in due course

That is good news although personally I would rather CRT withdraw from being a marina owner.

I don't really see a problem with it. If CRT can make a reasonable profit from the Marina then these profits can be spent on other things.

I am glad that Kiki has had better news to report and that some kind of normality and security is on the horizon for her and the other residents.

Edited by churchward

Good news for everyone there.

Excuse my ignoarance but how vacancies work now with CRT running it? Will any future vacancies be going on the CRT auction site or will it be a case of calling into an office there and asking if there are any vacancies?

Good news for everyone there.

Excuse my ignoarance but how vacancies work now with CRT running it? Will any future vacancies be going on the CRT auction site or will it be a case of calling into an office there and asking if there are any vacancies?

No idea how they will work in future, but there are two vacancies as of this afternoon.

Moored at Marple heading for pastures new. Sorry to be leaving some damned good friends behind but excited to be free of the mismanagement.

No idea how they will work in future, but there are two vacancies as of this afternoon.

Moored at Marple heading for pastures new. Sorry to be leaving some damned good friends behind but excited to be free of the mismanagement.

Sad to hear you're leaving, been in New Mills for a while haven't you? What's the plan now, float around until you find a new home or are you heading off with somewhere particular in mind? Might be the start of a new adventure, do you go down the locks to Manchester or turn left onto the Macc canal.

Yesterday the Much Beloved got an email from C&RT ......

So here's holding thumbs for a bright future for this lovely little marina.

I hope things go well at New Mills. We went to Bugsworth several years ago and know that area quite well. But :smiley_offtopic: the other major reason for the post is the BIB above! It immediately transported me to Jo'burg - my nephews and niece being the ones that introduced me to the expression. It's a translation of the Afrikaans isn't it? But I gather also used in Germany and Sweden.

I completely fail to see the logic of this. National Trust camping and caravan sites They also own many properties occupied by tenants.

Agreed. Personally I have no problem with CRT owning some marina, at least any profits are turned back to the charity, rather than some business persons pocket.

Edited by David Schweizer

Tim

I can't see your logic Tim sorry - what's the difference between the Trust owning a marina and a CRT LTM site?

The LTM's in the basin at Selby for example are very much 'marina like' - with leccy, secure gated access and finger pontoons and a nearby loo and waste disposal/PO - surely New Mills under CRT ownership would just be mimicking this...

Dave the CMer...I think you've more chance seeing him becoming a volunteer lockie. (insert smiley of your choice here)

Could always breast up with somone! ( again, choose your own smiley)

Sad to hear you're leaving, been in New Mills for a while haven't you? What's the plan now, float around until you find a new home or are you heading off with somewhere particular in mind? Might be the start of a new adventure, do you go down the locks to Manchester or turn left onto the Macc canal.

We set off with a destination in mind (and paid for).

We haven't gone very far (so we can still get to buggy to annoy Kiki on bank holiday weekends).

Must check If any at the new mooring are on the forum.