single handed boating

Guest anthony6

Featured Posts

Who out there thinks single handed boating should be banned.Is it not a health and safety issue?

I also think that car/lorry drivers on their own should be banned, what happens if they have a heart attack and die at the wheel.

It is only a potential health and safety issue if no care is taken, and that applies to single handers or crews of 6.

Should boaters who live on permanent mooring on line or marina pay council tax

Could someone please tell me the truth about solar panels. Having moored behind several boats and have observed that they still run their engines or generators, during the course of the day. So the question is are they just a gimmick.Or do they have a purpose. oh and they still run engines on sunny days

Who out there thinks single handed boating should be banned.Is it not a health and safety issue?

thinking-cap.gif

Thats almost funny

Unlike your first post which is hilarious......

if it is a remotely serious enquiry what on earth has brought you to ask such a question. Do you have alarming stats. on the number of SH's plummeting to their deaths in locks or falling off the back of their boats???

Most if not all of the single handers I see are the most skilled boaters on the system - especially when you see them in the big locks up here.

Or are you here for a bit of light trolling? (That's question not an accusation)

Walking alone along the tow path should be banned on health and safety grounds, you might trip and fall in the cut and drown.

You may also trip and fall the other way, sustaining cuts and scratches from the brambles and also get dog doodydooes on your knees and hands.

next question

Why do CaRT not remove the thorns from Hawthorn and blackberry brushes when maintaining the hedgerows?

Should CRT not remove the water from the canal system is it not a health and safety issue.

(The rivers might be a bit tricky so we'll have to leave it there.)

Discuss...

Maybe we should ban alcohol for health and safety reasons. It causes lots of trips and falls............and daft posts!!!!!

We've become dryathletes and given up booze for January. Have a bottle of Champagne ready for Feb 1st. Lovely.

Edited by MHS

Frankly, I'm amazed that you have been awarded 2 greenies for asking those questions.

In answer to your questions: NO, I don't think it should be banned; and NO I don't consider it to be a H & S issue (with the proviso that it should only be undertaken by boaters with some experience and ability).

Can I ask why you started this thread? Have you some issues or bad experiences which are/have been a problem to you?