Translation Please

jelunga

Featured Posts

I have to share with you some instructions.

I bought some Chinese Dumpling Moulds made in China.

The instructions read :-

1) Places on the model the stuffed dumpling skin.

2) Places on the stuffed dumpling skin the stuffing

3) As soon as along the hypothesis model, is pressing the forming gently then.

Whilst the operation of these mould were shown in pictures, for the Sun readers, I am just interested in how they got to this translation.

Anybody seen a better one?

I was once asked by my (coincidentally) Chinese Professor to assemble a new desk fan. The instructions read something to the effect of:

"take bar part 1"

"push carefully up bottom" - at this point I told him to do it himself !!!

Edited by kiki

Doesn't have to be Chinese to be entertaining. I had something once that said on the label "Bend to expose slit"...

Then there was the one on the new Leighton Hospital Treatment Centre: "Sexual Diseases Clinic - use rear entrance". Sadly now removed.

I have treasured the packaging from a small pair of scissors I bought:

GUOLONG - WORTH FOREVER YOU TRUST

Improves looks and cuts style novel, with smooth lines, takes the picture people, feel comfortable bright and cleanlily at the age, quality is fine, the qualification rate reaches 100%

it is the fashion people's inevitable choice to improve looks at the age and cut.

it iseach one day from taking good care of you meticalously outside inside that the age eyebrow is insered.

Edited 'cos I made a mistake! :rolleyes:

Edited by Mac of Cygnet

Rolls Royce once had a problem with a manual they had translated from English to another language . The translation said when converted correctly back to English. "The turbine blades are fitted to the rotor with a wooden joint." remember this is in an aero jut engine. It should have said that the blades are held in with a fir tree root joint.

Guest wanted

In amongst the horrible and depressing things that I see in my job I often work with unacompanied minors from far off lands, whilst their plight is serious, the translation is hilarious. Only today did I ask an albanian lad if his tea was to tight! (Don't rely on google translate!)

P.s. I was trying to ask him if he knew everyone in the room!

In amongst the horrible and depressing things that I see in my job I often work with unacompanied minors from far off lands, whilst their plight is serious, the translation is hilarious. Only today did I ask an albanian lad if his tea was to tight! (Don't rely on google translate!)

P.s. I was trying to ask him if he knew everyone in the room!

My favourite was an assemble instructions that included - 'You must now be coming in around the back side'

Alex

Living in Thailand I had a brand new toilet. A label on the inside of the lid had English translated cleaning instructions, including the wonderful "Pee off this label".

instructions you immediatly followed-up I presume :lol:

Peter.

In one restaurant we visited in France a few years ago, the "English" menu offered such delights as "Paving Slab of Tuna". The beef was described as being "raised and cut down in the manner 'Frenchwoman'".

"Google Language Tools" has a lot to answer for.

Mon Patron did not seem to appreciate our amusement...