stolen boat

GeorgeD

Featured Posts

We have come through today from Long Itchington, up Calcutt, through Braunston and Buckby, and are now at Weedon.

Nothing on the main line anywhere on that stretch that looks remotely like this boat.

(............All the ones we have seen have been in focus....... Boom! Boom!.......................)

No, seriously - unless in a marina, it's not on this bit......

And now down Stoke Bruene flight.

Fairly confident its not "on line" anywhere between Itchington and foot of Stoke Bruerne

And now down Stoke Bruene flight.

Fairly confident its not "on line" anywhere between Itchington and foot of Stoke Bruerne

hi Alan,

your making good time........

Mike.

Hi folks, just got in and read the posts. thanks to everyone who has assisted with the photos. As you can see it had some glare on it. I would like to let you have the original but I am due to hand it over to the insurance investigator soon.

I am in the office until about 2.30 then im off to the gayton area.

still no sightings by our team.

But once again I'm amazed by your level of interest, its very reassuring.

Surely you have the original photo taken with your camera?

What's the size of the fuel tank on the boat? This will give us roughly the number of hours that it can cruise before it has to refuel and let us work out which yards it would have to call in to. If these are alerted to look out for it it would put an effective boundary on how far it could get. Also we'd need to contact fuel boats.

Of course it assumes it's moving and still in the water. If its the same bunch as last time they may have worked out the flaw in their plan and re-assessed it.

What's the size of the fuel tank on the boat? This will give us roughly the number of hours that it can cruise before it has to refuel and let us work out which yards it would have to call in to. If these are alerted to look out for it it would put an effective boundary on how far it could get. Also we'd need to contact fuel boats.

Of course it assumes it's moving and still in the water. If its the same bunch as last time they may have worked out the flaw in their plan and re-assessed it.

The problem being that we are told this boat may have been gone 2 or 3 weeks before it was even noted as missing.

Unless I'm missing something, there has not been a positive sighting of it since.

In 3 weeks you can get anywhere on the connected canal and rivers system that a 60 foot narrow boat is capable of going, I would have thought.

Quite simply, even if it has stayed in the water, 3 weeks means it could be just about anywhere now.

Without a more reliable picture, it is not going to have needed a heap of disguising either, and 3 weeks is a lot of time to arrange that in.

It does seem odd, (and I'm making no greater point than it seems odd!), that for several of the stolen boats there have been only very poor, or next to no photos. Other owners must be very different from us - I could produce literally thousands of clear images of most aspects of either of our boats. I'm surprised some owners don't have an easily accessed,clear, fuzz free, image of their boats!

(EDITED TO ADD:

Yes, I know this is a photo of a photo - but surely by now it would not have been beyond the wit of man to get a clear scan of that photo done and published ?).

Edited by alan_fincher

A sixty foot Liverpool boat would have a forty gallon tank with a average range of 350 miles. It does depends on how much was in the tank to start with, As to how far before it needs to be refueled.

Firesprite

In the roasting Fens

Edited by nbfiresprite

They could always fill with jerrycans, so the fuel issue would not matter.

I think we are all keeping an eye out throughout the country, but unless drunk I have not seen any boats as fuzzy as this. :cheers:

A photo of the Bow wouldn’t go a miss

I can't recall seeing in this thread so far if there is any knowledge of the RCD HIN/CIN numbers for this boat. I know the boat has to be found first but hopefully the owners have documentation somewhere quoting the CIN. If the boat is found, the CIN should be indelibly stamped on the stern, starboard side, in letters/numerals at least 6mm high.

The boat was built in 2007 so there should be info held by Liverpool Boats (or their heirs and successors!) of the CIN. They should also have a record of where the "hidden" copy of the CIN is stamped somewhere else in the boat.

(This assumes the RCD was properly complied with of course). Hopefully someone could be researching all this in the meantime, unless it has already been done. If/when the boat is found it will allow a quick and positive way of making a definite id despite any new paint jobs etc!

Richard

Hi folks again still no sightings from our boatcheckers.

This week all the southern GU and paddington arm and regents canal are being done so if no sightings then somewhere like the Nene could be the only place left for it.

We are checking the marinas as well this week.

Hi folks again still no sightings from our boatcheckers.

This week all the southern GU and paddington arm and regents canal are being done so if no sightings then somewhere like the Nene could be the only place left for it.

We are checking the marinas as well this week.

George, I may have missed this, but why still no good photographs of that boat from the owners?

George, I may have missed this, but why still no good photographs of that boat from the owners?

basically there was only one photograph since it was repainted faily recently. The one we do have ahs issues with the light exposure so its the best we can do im afraid.

Was it professionally painted?

Would the painter have photographs of his work?

It doesn't really matter now. With a month gone, and no positive news, I think the owner should accept its gone. It might turn up at a later date - if it does, then he/she might not want to see it and its condition now.

However it is good that this internet thread exists and is kept in the limelight, if only to serve as a warning for others that this kind of thing, although rare, can and does happen.

I assume the boat was insured? How long does the insurance company wait before a missing/stolen boat is paid out on?

It doesn't really matter now. With a month gone, and no positive news, I think the owner should accept its gone. It might turn up at a later date - if it does, then he/she might not want to see it and its condition now.

However it is good that this internet thread exists and is kept in the limelight, if only to serve as a warning for others that this kind of thing, although rare, can and does happen.

I assume the boat was insured? How long does the insurance company wait before a missing/stolen boat is paid out on?

youre probably correct but I want to wait until we have done the whole GU south before I give up.

Bloomin' 'eck we don't usually give up this early.

So it maybe on the Nene, is there no possibility it came over the GU Leicester summit?

I've now additionally come down from Stoke Bruerne to Fenny Stratford.

Nothing remotely like it seen.

(So have covered Long Itchington to Fenny Stratford since Saturday).

basically there was only one photograph since it was repainted faily recently. The one we do have ahs issues with the light exposure so its the best we can do im afraid.

Can you tell the owners that photos from different angles before the paint job would still help, It'd give us an idea of bow shape, window layouts, etc. It would really help to have more images, even if the boat is a different colour fundamentals don't change.

Chances are it's a different colour by now anyway.

Can you tell the owners that photos from different angles before the paint job would still help, It'd give us an idea of bow shape, window layouts, etc. It would really help to have more images, even if the boat is a different colour fundamentals don't change.

Chances are it's a different colour by now anyway.

I can't belive that this boat has been around since 2007 and nobody IN THE FAMILY OR THE OWNER has ever taken a decent shot of the feckin thing that is available to online viewers.

does anyone care, does anyone really want their boat finding by our forum???

It looks to me more like someones HAD their boat nicked.

sorry, thats just my insignificant view.

• Greenie 2

I can't belive that this boat has been around since 2007 and nobody IN THE FAMILY OR THE OWNER has ever taken a decent shot of the feckin thing that is available to online viewers.

does anyone care, does anyone really want their boat finding by our forum???

It looks to me more like someones HAD their boat nicked.

sorry, thats just my insignificant view.

A bit more forthright than me :D but yep - wot he said

If we lost Iona I promise the forum would be inundated with pics of her inside and out from every angle, regardless of whether we'd just had her painted or not as soon as we knew she was missing.

I am puzzled.