stolen boat

GeorgeD

Featured Posts

No one else has mentioned rapists and murderers on this thread as far as I am aware...

Erm, you just did as well? Tho I don't see there was a need for you to bring it up too?

Also, no one mentioned chopping off anyone's hands in 'this thread' but still, for some reason, my original comment attracted a provoking response.

Anyway, staying out of this one now, hope the boat is found safe and well and returned to its rightful owner.

Good luck

Edited by lewisericeric

George are you still based at the stop house? I am on the marina and can pop by tomorrow if it's helpful to get a better version of the pic to post on line etc.

Might be worth trying to get photos of both sides of the boat if there are any distinguishing features e.g. window spacings or different window arrangements. Also things like cratch or not, roof vents - type and arrangement. Does it have a webasto or alde. Just trying to think of big things that you can't easily hide with a paint job.

Might be worth trying to get photos of both sides of the boat if there are any distinguishing features e.g. window spacings or different window arrangements. Also things like cratch or not, roof vents - type and arrangement. Does it have a webasto or alde. Just trying to think of big things that you can't easily hide with a paint job.

With a bit of luck, a clearer version of that picture will help

Richard

OFF TOPIC

Actually, Cloud Nine was a range of tinted papers made by Silverton Paper Mill for Robert Horne Paper Merchants. It was a floculated formation that made the colour variable over the sheet. One of our really clever British papers. Now no more since Silverton closed a few tears ago

Edited by jelunga

OFF TOPIC

Actually, Cloud Nine was a range of tinted papers made by Silverton Paper Mill for Robert Horne Paper Merchants. It was a floculated formation that made the colour variable over the sheet. One of our really clever British papers. Now no more since Silverton closed a few tears ago

Ah - - I wonder how long it would be before 'Our man from Werner Hogg' showed up!

Heh heh!

Coat

Hi folks, im back on line now and should be for most of the day since my car is in for service. If we do get any sightings my landline number is 01908 681276

I have checked our BW boatcheckers' sightings for yesterday but they are negative.

Hi folks, im back on line now and should be for most of the day since my car is in for service. If we do get any sightings my landline number is 01908 681276

I have checked our BW boatcheckers' sightings for yesterday but they are negative.

george are the Police involved and do you have a crime number?

George,

Top priority must surely be to get a better version of that picture.

Someone who could scan the picture, rather than that very blurred photo of a photo.

While the boat might be distinctive now, if someone puts a coat of paint over the topsides, people really do need something with a lot more detail to be confident to match it up to a sighting.

george are the Police involved and do you have a crime number?

folks ive got to go now thanks all for your efforts and observations. I will be back on this forum tomorrow morning if possible I will have more inf, the owner has reported it to the Police, I have liaised with them and also the insurance company have been on to me so maybe we can solve this one as well.

.....But agree we need a force, a phone no & a crime number, if someone sees it, and fails to get hold of George.....

Hi folks yes a crime number has been obtained and If possible I will get a better photo. I agree that the one we have isnt that good. Unfortunately my vehicle is in dock until this evening.

Hi folks yes a crime number has been obtained and If possible I will get a better photo. I agree that the one we have isnt that good. Unfortunately my vehicle is in dock until this evening.

Oh good, will you let us have the Crime number please, and the telephone number of the Police Force in Question.

Oh good, will you let us have the Crime number please, and the telephone number of the Police Force in Question.

In the event of an emergency dial 999

For all non emergencies & enquiries, call 101.

This costs 15p, no matter how long the call is, and works from mobile phones and landlines.

Which I think is a complete disgrace - to report a sighting you have to pay.........

It's Northamptonshire force area.

Northamptonshire Police

Force Headquarters

Wootton Hall

Northampton

NN4 0JQ

northantspolicemailroom@northants.police.uk

0800 10578047 ;) - looks better on one of those old texas instruments calculators....

Edited by matty40s

In the event of an emergency dial 999

For all non emergencies & enquiries, call 101.

This costs 15p, no matter how long the call is, and works from mobile phones and landlines.

Which I think is a complete disgrace - to report a sighting you have to pay.........

If youve sighted the boat then i would ring 999, there is a chance of catching suspects in possession of stolen property so it would require an immediate response.

no charge which is smashing and 15p is hardly a disgrace, people are quite happy to spend 10p sending a text with 1 word on it

I'm a bit confused: the original posting indicated that the boat went AWOL 2 - 3 weeks ago but the photo is date stamped yesterday, as I read it. Someone holding a seance?

No, George explained that it was a rushed photograph of a print.

Back again , hopefully carl will be uploading a better copy of the photo soon (cheers Carl very much appreciated)

The crime ref is:NP 849 2-12 NORTHANTS POLICE AS PREVIOUS POST: DIAL 101 and ask for Northants Police and you will be put through to the correct place to report it.

STILL NO SIGHTINGS ON OUR RECORDS I will check every morning.

Back again , hopefully carl will be uploading a better copy of the photo soon (cheers Carl very much appreciated)

The crime ref is:NP 849 2-12 NORTHANTS POLICE AS PREVIOUS POST: DIAL 101 and ask for Northants Police and you will be put through to the correct place to report it.

STILL NO SIGHTINGS ON OUR RECORDS I will check every morning.

As with other stolen boat threads, can I please appeal to all members to think before posting and keep all posts in this topic relevant. Where appropriiate, please open a new topic for peripheral and non-pertinant discussions so that we can limit this discussion to clarification of facts, sightings and associated information.

Okay George has sent a new and (slightly) improved image to me for to upload but this time he's sent it as a PDF file and I have no idea how to turn it into an image type file, to send to my photobucket account and link to here.

If there is anyone who understands the last sentence and could advise, I'd appreciate it.